What are you watching?

On a similar tip, more well known than Flyin’ Cut Sleeves but equally as good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybdijnOSMPw

6 Likes

Started watching ‘OJ: Made in America’ thinking it was a one-part Storyville doc. Turns out it’s five 90 min episodes! It was released in 2016 so I expect most people have seen it but it’s currently on iPlayer. Fascinating stuff.

2 Likes

The last part gets a bit boring but the stuff on race in America is incredible isn’t it. Maybe the best insight I’ve ever watched.

1 Like

Black Bird. AppleTV

Taron Edgerton plays a dealer who gets busted for gun running and sent down. He gets a chance to go free if he befriends a serial killer inmate and gets him to confess about one of his victims. Based on a true story. Ray Liotta plays his father, in his last ever role. Only six parts, not a bad watch

2 Likes

Probably the best live performances of this song… Dem Drumz :notes:

1 Like

I thought this was really good. Surprisingly good, tbh.

1 Like

The Rehearsal on HBO. Brilliant and bonkers, at least after the first episode.

2 Likes

the Bandsplaining feed occasionally throws up some interesting stuff, on this video offering an intro to the underground Chinese punk scene. Some very brave kids.

2 Likes

I’m now onto Season 6 of BCS.

After everyone’s great feedback I can’t wait to see how it ends. The last few Season 5 episodes were pretty epic.

I know everyone has said it already but it is exceptional TV. The slow burn character build really pays off.

4 Likes

I watched the Eternals. All over the place and they had no idea how to end it. Wouldn’t bother if you haven’t.

2 Likes

Not a massive Basketball fan but watched this last nite & enjoyed it, a doc about a little sportswear company that had a meteoric rise by exploiting the untapped street basketball scene, taking on Nike and winning…for awhile anyway.

2 Likes

Some recent films
The Batman : ok but 45 min too long.

Prey : the best predator film since predator 2.

Elvis : I’m not a fan but surprised how much I liked this. Was still 25 min too long.

Murina : coming of age drama set in croatia. Worth £3.99 rental on prime.

The gray man : shit bourne identity rip off

2 Likes

I managed 20 mins maybe. The reviews said it was like watching a PowerPoint, I agree

Ironically just caught Morbius in a hotel bedroom in Malaysia, actually not as terrible as I was expecting.

saw Nope at the cinema this week. If you liked “Us” and “Get Out”, you won’t be disappointed. Just the right amount of creepy.

started watching “Outer Range” on Prime, three episodes in, building nicely. Josh Brolin doing what he does. I listened to a podcast “The Armchair Expert” on Spotify with him the other day too. He spins some great yarns and speaks openly about growing up through some pretty dark days as a youth in LA punk scene.

2 Likes

Any Blade Runner fans might find interest in this.

Black Lotus. Its an animated series set 10 years before the events of Blade Runner 2049. Voiced by some well known actors, the animation is often beautiful and pretty graphic, and the story is compelling and well constructed. Streaming on All4.

4 Likes

He would have had a punk ass time making this classic

2 Likes

Ah! Blast from the past there…haven’t seen this in years.

Reminds me of a family holiday to LA in 1985 when I was 12, and my folks were in a shop taking ages so I wandered into a cool little record shop next door and checked out their blackboard which had their store best sellers. No. 1 was The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, their self titled 1st album so I bought myself the cassette and still have it :grinning:

1 Like

And you probably watched the best part. It got worse from there. So much should’ve been edited and the big bad reveal and subsequent death was hamfisted. Awful film.

1 Like