What are you watching?

In German, as it should be

Cool ta, I’m dead inside apparently so should be good :laughing:

2 Likes

Ha ha

1 Like

Maybe one of the best music documentaries we’ve seen in a long time. Brings up all kinds of questions about taste & aesthetics, the music industry…even given the subject I can’t recommend it enough.

6 Likes

local hero.

also, handy with the sticks: What I Learned From Playing Golf With Kenny G - The Ringer

1 Like

Indeed! Franklin HS. Our friend Tony (RIP) played with him in Cold, Bold, & Together and Kenny took him on world tour playing percussion. Total mensch.

2 Likes

The Better Call Saul finale was everything I wanted and more. Pitch perfect. They absolutely nailed it. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I’m still reeling from how they managed the perfect finale to a perfect series of television. All the feels, as the kids say. I’m going to miss not having Saul in my life but all good things come to an end, and this went out well and truly on top.

A brilliant review/summary is this youtube clip (warning - spoilers!)

3 Likes

Yep, still trying to process the ending of BCS. Just masterful TV. I’m not sure we’ll see its like again. Give them alll every award there is.

2 Likes

Guess I’m gonna have to watch it then, out of work at the end of the month so should have some free time!

2 Likes

I gave it a try after the recommendations from this thread, wasn’t disappointed.

1 Like

“Hi, Jimmy”…

2 Likes

Just superb!

Can’t believe it’s all finished, but what a finish it was.

2 Likes

i finished this last night - it was pretty good. it was cool to hear how the director became so close and entangled with kurt that completing the documentary began to become overwhelming. it makes sense.

i was a pretty voracious reader as a kid, and discovered a pile of vonnegut’s books at a rented vacation home when i was probably about 10 years old. they were funny and odd and unlike anything i’d ever read before (and it was fun to discover something so “adult” - i felt so sophisticated reading grown-up books). like all young people, i felt like he was trying to tell me something lovely and sad and simple.

not shocked that he wasn’t the greatest dad or husband during his most prolific years. many brilliant minds get in the zone and can’t get out. usually, they’re supported by a loving partner who picks up the slack and doesn’t get the credit for it. you can certainly tell that in his later years, he had a lot of love for just about everyone.

i was lucky enough to hear him speak a couple of times in the late 80’s - it was always fun to go into the masonic temples or fancy halls or whatever and again - be around the literary sophisticates and to laugh at gallows humor and fart jokes and feel like literature didn’t have to be this big impenetrable thing, like you could be well-read and open-minded and surrounded my a multi-generational group that accepted you thanks to similar thinking and arcane references.

5 Likes

Shetland

Love Jimmy Perez and helping him crack the case :rofl: Shetland looks fine in it although I’m sure it’s brutal in reality having never been.

Point Break on bbc1, watched it loads of times but still love it.

3 Likes

Just found it lol the name’s Jonny Utah

1 Like

Flyin’ Cut Sleeves. Doc on New York gangs (Savage Skulls etc)

11 Likes

Enjoyed that, cheers. Digging the Ghetto Brothers vibe

1 Like

Yeah tons of great clothes in it.

2 Likes