What are you watching?

Seconded. Really deep dive into the influences and cultural and sociological factors of their whole thing :ok_hand:

1 Like

This book is just fantastic. One of the best music books for me. They way he weaves it all together is great.

3 Likes

This weeks penultimate episode might be the best of the lot. Just incredible. It really is a modern greek tragedy. In recent weeks I thought they might have dropped the ball and werent going to stick the landing but how it plays out next week is anyones guess

3 Likes

I dropped off better call Saul with the whole hermit series need to get back into it by the sounds of what you are all saying.

watched ‘Prey’ last night have never watched any of the ridiculous Predator sequels and had heard good things about this. Recommended if you loved the original.

3 Likes

Have also been slowly getting through the Wu-Tang drama on Disney + which is bloody slow with some questionable acting but apparently gets good toward the end of series 1………

Is God a Number? (Netflix)

Another peak 1990’s mathematics documentary full of psychedelic visuals and unintentionally funny moments.

street food USA (netflix) Watch Street Food: USA | Netflix Official Site

i don’t love a lot of TV or movies, but i can watch people cook all day long. this is pretty good so far, if not a little heavy-handed. i like learning about chef’s journey’s but i don’t need to hear about their lowest lows as part of a culinary origin story. it’s just fine to be like “had an idea, worked hard, made it!”

i’ve watched the new orleans one (no city like it on earth!) and the portland one (hometown, gotta see if i know anybody) and enjoyed them both.

3 Likes

As usual I time my trip to Canada with the furthest point from any NHL happening, so ended up watching this documentary about the role of the enforcer in hockey

https://youtu.be/BzqIoa5z8gs

Pretty good and does a reasonable job of being balanced about what extent they’re needed or just a bit of toxic masculinity

1 Like

I’m totally with you here. I started this, watching the LA one, and initially found it a really interesting look at the street food scene with lovely production values but yeah when it suddenly pivoted to a quite depressing story about the family that ran a famous taco truck I kind of lost interest. It’s not that these stories don’t deserve to be told and credit to the family, it’s just that when I watch food shows I just want to see the local area, and the delicious food and ingredients and enjoy them for what they are.

It was the same with that recent Stanley Tucci show, overall it was a great, indulgent look at Italy and its cuisine but when it verged into more political territory it wasn’t nearly as enjoyable.

ooh, looks good. Years ago there was a great doc about the rise in popularity of basketball and fall of baseball and hockey… Wayne Gretzkey said the fights were bad and putting people off, which was followed by a long compilation of clips of Wayne getting into fights.

1 Like

We’ve all been there…

5 Likes

Caught up with Woodstock 99 the other night. It occurred to me that in those days they just physically trashed the event, whereas now they would just trash it on ‘the socials’. Either way, the worst people, the gormless incels probably nowadays to be found on Trump’s campaign team. An anthropological delve into darkness, Lord of the Flies on an airfield.

6 Likes

The shittest line-up imaginable

Tangerine Dream doc on Sky Arts starting soon

4 Likes

Should probably cross post in the picture speaks a thousand words thread too :rofl:

7 Likes

Best comic book adaptation for a while. Never read the comic but really enjoyed this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83ClbRPRDXU

6 Likes

What a picture!

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 Like

Kurt Vonnegut: Unstuck in Time

If you’ve ever had a passing interest in Kurt’s work it’s a total must watch

6 Likes

Sounds great what side is that on?

It was at selected cinemas last week but not many and not for long, but I watched it on F Movies

Be warned, its an emotional watch!

2 Likes