Video Game Soundtracks

I’ve been enjoying video game soundtracks to accompany work recently as they tend to make great background music by design and hit that nostalgia zone. It got me thinking about some of my favorites pasted below. Any other gamers on the TP Forum have any picks?

Balearic Zelda

Healing sounds from Ico

Escher ambience from Monument Valley

For ultra-minimal sounds it has to be an hour of the Wii menu :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I stopped gaming a while ago as the bugs in Battlefield were giving me intense rage. But the Battlefield 1 soundtrack is good. I like the nintendo menu sound.

Bit obvious but i’ll always love this game & soundtrack, particularly this radio station

3 Likes
1 Like

Good thread

Some of the late 80s / early 90s sound tracks were amazing. You can hear synths like the Korg M1 and Rompler in a lot of stuff, and occasionally you’d hear similar sounds on dance or rave tracks of the time; unsurprisingly since a lot of the same gear was used

We need Ruf Dug on here he knows his video game onions

2 Likes

Oh yes - all time status right here

Great shout this one. This got a great write up on Bandcamp Daily.

1 Like

Think that’s the only game I’ve ever played with the music on :man_shrugging:

I love this game soundtrack from Legowelt. Available for a name your price too

1 Like

I’ve dropped Fighting in The Streets onto unsuspecting dance floors to great effect. It’s even on my Japanese music mix from last year. Fantastic soundtracks, all of them. In fact, check this out:

1 Like

This must be mentioned. The guy who put together this video mixed the tracks in his preferred order and it’s awesome.

I also love this one, Pilotwings 64.

1 Like

High procrastination mode here, here’s another one I love.

4 Likes

Totally forgotten about that game. Loved it as wee boy

1 Like

This arcade game took many of my 10p’s as an 11yo during a holiday to Blackpool in the summer of '86.
Loved the theme tune, didn’t know/care it was a version of ‘Peter Gunn’ til years later.

Ruf Dug put together five of his favourites for us a while back

3 Likes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr9pUIncc9M

Good shout, Ruf Dug is the dude for this.

1 Like