Track ID’s - Name That Tune

Smiling C.

4 Likes

Beaut. Nice one Piers.

1 Like

This is an easy one, I think, but it’s bugging me as it’s impossible to google…

It’s basically a noughties techno remix of Inner City’s Good Life that stutters on the G of “good” before the famous synth riff kicks in. So it goes: Let me take you to a place I know you wanna go, its a g g g g g synth hook

I think the B side is a techno-fied remix of Pump Up The Jam and the label possibly features a picture of Samuel L Jackson and John Travolta in Pulp Fiction, but I might be merging a few different records.

Ring any bells?

There’s a Jaques Da Booty remix by Basement Jaxx which has that effect.

3 Likes

nice one! was expecting this to be something else as it doesn’t ring any bells at all, but that’s it. Well…kind of, the youtube comments led me to the Ben Sims edit that apparently rips this off, which is the version I was thinking of. I don’t remember techno being so fast…or noisy :older_man:t2:

1 Like

This is an old audio snippet from Harvey ay MoS a few years back, quality is awful but can anyone ID…?

Apparently this is a track that has been eluding capture for many years, but the first track on this 1991 Paul Trouble Anderson mix? Anyone with any idea what it is?

There’s this quote from discogs, but i am not convinced…

"its an unreleased remix of this Indica - Give Me Your Love | Releases | Discogs

I spoke to the producer - Alex Marsh who confirmed it was a mix he did and its his wife on vocals"

Anyone able to identify this beauty? 53 minutes in, work your magic TP!

3 Likes

Can’t help you with the track id unfortunately, but thats a belter of a mix. Thanks for sharing :+1:

1 Like

Can we get the track listing for the whole thing? Great mix.

Is that the track with the spanish guitar, or the one after that? The one after sounds very much like Shinichiro Yokota or Soichi Terada, very Prophet 5 sounding bass line there…

Enjoying this. Sounds a lot like the Heels n Souls warm up for Baldelli at the Jazz Cafe last week.

The warm up was much better than the cosmic maestro himself.

1 Like

today’s most unexpected earworm: Yothu Yindi Timeless Land. Went down the rabbit hole and the original Leftfield remix I remembered is way more banging than I remembered, but was there ever another more downtempo mix early 90s on a more Orb vibe or am I totally imagining it?

2 Likes

Could someone please help me with the organ track at 1hr 03 minutes from the most excellent Musclecars - Coloring Lessons mix for The Lot Radio? It’s killing me that i can’t place the artist as the production style is so familiar!

Thanks to SkyHigh for the ID

Can’t help either I’m afriad but I discovered Lloyd’s Dream On mix series this year and everyone of them is a corker. There is much I would like to ID but I’ve not had much luck

1 Like

Naggingly familiar. Ray Castoldi or Boyd Jarvis maybe??

2 Likes

Thanks for the ideas, having a search now. I thought it was a jazzier Lars Bartkuhn but leaning towards Anthony Nicholson now?

1 Like

Surely it’s about time we can do some Bladerunner type AI shit on the image?

1 Like

stupid me, wasn’t paying attention to the fact it was a record! If someone recognises the red and white label and can identify the label, i can go through all the releases :melting_face:

1 Like

Think it’s this one :slight_smile:

https://www.discogs.com/release/27601815-Vick-Lavender-Vick-Lavender-Project

5 Likes