Track ID’s - Name That Tune

yeah, the one I mean is the next one :slight_smile:

Does anyone know the last track at the end of this Leo Mas mix, right after the dub version of Detends-toi by Stella?

The track in question starts at about the 59:04 mark.

The one at 59:04 is Freedom Sunset by Calm (Shazamed). But it does not come after Stella’s song…

1 Like

Claude Young - Impolite to refuse
oops; already IDed

2 Likes

Thanks yet
Wonderful track

1 Like

Anyone know the one played by MCDE at 1:02:00 in this?

https://youtu.be/iXs6TpE85Hw?t=3717

1 Like

I do not, although the bassline is from ‘I need somebody to love tonight’ by Sylvester / Patrick Cowley

2 Likes

By the look of the label and the style of the track, my guess it’s released by South African label Gallo. Big catalogue but with a hint of luck you might find it. There are lots of other good stuff released by that label.

2 Likes

Nice tip, thanks I’ll have a look

Ltt us know if you find it, that’s a killer track

2 Likes

Did some more research. Danilo is playing a jazzy tune around 40 minutes that has exactly same kind of label as that missing track. There’s also Gallo sleeve on the background. I tried to check through Gallo catalogue but didn’t find a match yet.

edit. that jazz-funk tune record is familiar to me and it’s not on the same record as the track we’re looking for

If they indeed used the sylvester bass line it would make sense that the reccord was made on or after 1979, which might help narrow it down.

2 Likes

I think that one is Ensemble of Rhythm and Art - Pelican Fantasy.

The Gallo catalogue is quite big. The one I’m looking for looks like it’s A1 or B1 on whichever release it is. Might be possible to rule out some releases based on the track length

I had a quick look at Gallo last night. My technique was to look at the marketplace for Gallo, about 3000 odd) then narrowed the search filter with ‘disco’ within the whole lot. Throws up a few hundred and I had a listen to some vids on a dozen or so releases but nothing so far. Heard some good tunes though! :+1:

3 Likes

It’s this one

The U-Vees - Disco Fantasy (Black Hi-Lights Records / Gallo, 1979) Not on discogs

https://www.222.popsike.com/South-Africa-THE-UVEES-Ndelu-Bengu-Mokoena-Khumalo-Disco-Fantasy-VGVG/322723364998.html

11 Likes

Good detective work! hahaha
Fantastic track too.

4 Likes

What a tune!

2 Likes

On a similar vibe I’ve been looking for the track Darryn Jones plays at 23:15 on this mix, and haven’t gotten close for several years, which is a testament to his ability I guess.

2 Likes

That is a solid tune. I’d love to know myself.

Anyone know the spacey house groove played by Evan Baggs at about 1 hour 31 mins here?

1 Like