Top10s - Anything goes

From the book ‘The Record Players’ by Frank Broughton & Bill Brewster

9 Likes

I milked those club charts at the back of ‘Last Night A DJ Saved My Life’. Was a treasure trove for me.

4 Likes

Me too, tried to buy everything on ‘The Roxy’ playlist cos Bambaataa was a hero at the time

2 Likes

A few from my Straight No Chaser collection:

9 Likes

I bought the book shortly before moving to London. I wrote down all those lifts on paper and searched for as many as possible. Like a kid in a sweet shop. Very happy days. I remember spending pretty much all my weeks wages on records and having to walk to and from work - from Tufnell Park to Whitehall.

5 Likes

I’ve done similar back in the day, been in low wage, dead end jobs so didn’t have much disposable income so had a cheap lunch at work to save dough for records.
Giving up food for Funk!

4 Likes

Definitely worth it. That’s a slogan I can get behind :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Courtesy of Andy at City Sounds
House 20

3 Likes

Yeah that’s right. We can’t airbrush stuff out of history because it ended up getting popular. Same with Technotronic and Blackbox. Those tunes were absolutely killing it in underground clubs before they became what they did.

3 Likes

whoa these are ace.Thanks

1 Like

It’s a good book, some great interviews in there, picked mine up for 3 quid or something like that in Fopp.

Pete Tong chart from 83.

3 Likes

I loved this one from a recent Faith just to see E-Zee Posse in a Tenaglia chart.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing that Liz Torres joint a lot recently, love it.

9 Likes

Wow, what a solid list.

Gary Crowley’s Masterblasters chart 24/11/84.

4 Likes

You can’t go wrong if they’re in your box.

1 Like

Zoom Tunes - Oct 1991

4 Likes

Terry Farleys fave of 1996

6 Likes