Top10s - Anything goes

I love a Top10 so here’s a random place for random top10s. Could be your favourite summer jams could be a photo from a 90s mag. What I love about the ones from the mags is they tell you who was playing exactly what and when. No just remembering the cool ones in hindsight. Here’s the godfather of balearic to start…

17 Likes

Here’s one from when Jose Padilla was in the UK.

12 Likes

One from i-D and the time when a lot of dance music went slow in the early 90s…

9 Likes

Two killer top tens from Moon… The piece was from the mid-90s I think and was in the great Mixmag Update.

16 Likes

A Zed and Two L’s

What a tune

4 Likes

9 Likes

Oooooh that DIY chart. In fact both are ace.

2 Likes

E3MJ-pxUUAUJWnP 1988

6 Likes

NME 1988
Future Rap

4 Likes

And the last one for now…
Todd Terry 10

2 Likes

How many good records in that… Thats nuts.

Still amazes me that Gerald hasn’t made a penny from Voodoo Ray, according to his recent social post.
Makes your blood boil.

3 Likes

“And now for something completely different…”

The parallel universe of Bay Area independent rap music was so admirable even if you care nothing for the songs themselves. Guys routinely moved six figures of singles or albums either on their own or through one stops.

4 Likes

Virtuality - Dub Funk. What a tune :raised_hands:

2 Likes

I’ve heard it said Titanic was the first London club to play Rap/Electro.
Here’s a Top 10 from 83!

8 Likes

aww…i remember spinn inn records fondly…its now a frigging tesco express :frowning:

2 Likes

I’ve seen a lot about RBL Posse online recently.
Interviews and maybe re-issues of their records.
I’d never heard of them until recently, I need to check them out.

Noel Watson’s Gogo Top 10 (19/1/85)

gogo

4 Likes

Insanely good production. In-A-Minute was a label with so much impact from the Bay up to Seattle plus Kansas City and probably not many other places. “Bammer Weed” definitely had a bigger reach than most other songs not made by the few national names of the scene.

1 Like

Top 50 Slim Ties

6 Likes