Top10s - Anything goes

6 Likes

That’s quite a list

2 Likes

Tape Ad from ‘82, prob would have been listening to a lot of those on my Walkman, what a year, some seminal tracks right there.

5 Likes

From a 15yr old Frankie Bones

2 Likes

Here’s my new top 10 based on frivolous spending and a welcome surprise bonus.

Jacques Renault - My Love Is Guaranteed

• killer remake of Fronzena Harris that ticks all the boxes. I love 7”s but this really should be a loud 12”. One for the disco peak time fun.

Maleet - Mama Yakota

• another 7” that could’ve been a 12” that is very much on the Body & Soul Bongo Joe on the dials tip, all percussion, all lovely.

Space Ghost - Heaven Sent

• I love what Space Ghost does and everything he releases is utterly essential, and this is no exception. Slomo r’n’b that I feel is going to be a staple of very early doors sets for a few years at the right places. My wife called it “old man soul music” and was disappointed that I wasn’t offended by that. Nailed on actually,

Block 16 - Electrokution

• I always wanted to know what this was and stumbled upon it down a rabbit hole a few weeks ago. Bought it for $2 and that made me very happy. As a bonus I can actually tell my wife how much I paid for this one.

Maya Hatch - Touch Me Take Me

• Lovers Rock record that has a great little baseline and a fantastic vocal. Been my wake up tune lately and it’s lovely.

Hoodoo Fushimi - Furaete Nambo

• is it hip hop? Is it disco? Is it city pop? It’s all of the above in the best possible way. Released in 83 but unearthed in 2019 or so and played on Antal’s Essential Mix last week. Just a great record.

Savior Flair - You’re The Best

• Texan soul that was on a relatively expensive LP championed by the likes of DJ Shadow and J Rocc was reissued on a cheap 7” last week and is one of those records that a brave DJ could play at peak time and it would go off. When the chorus kicks in it’s lovely.

Club Paradiso - In Paradiso

• truth be told I could’ve picked any of the 4 tracks on here but the first one is where I am this week. Got a little bit of a Vince Montana on a speed ball vibe that I’m sure will work over even the most po-faced crowd.

Kalabrese - Wanzka

• an utterly unique piece of dance music that has that otherworldly vibe that Hunee seems to unearth regularly. A record that everyone wants to know what it is, or at least the two old dudes asked me what it was last week.

Miss Kiitin & The Hacker - Stock Exchange

• was having a little dig through records I listened to in my 20’s and this was a forgotten gem I was very happy to find. Pitch it down a bit and you have a synth workout that sounds like something Palms Trax would play and blow the roof off. The Adam Sky remix on the flip is also a balearic po-faced special,
11 Likes

Love that Kalabrese track. I always end up buying something from your Top 10s.

Rest of the album is mega as well. I just get stuck on tunes but I’m sure in a year I’ll be punting something else from it. Under the radar classic in the making.

Hacienda Nude Night
Top 10 Nude Night 20 - 1987

11 Likes

Lenny Fontana
Top 10
REMIX [a Japanese mag] (April 1993)

2 Likes

Record Mirror Charts - 22nd September 1990

3 Likes

DJ Mag, October 1993

6 Likes

5 Likes

Top 15 most annoying questions
July 1992

4 Likes

Feb 91 NME

6 Likes

From here with NH interview & Kraftwerk article

https://twitter.com/nothingelseon/status/1561106917887737856?s=20&t=caIu6MThC-s6NWcppiANsQ

Dream FM Playlist
Summer 1992
Top 10 Dream FM

3 Likes

4 Likes

Bandalu Top 10
NME, Sep 1992
Bandalu DJ Sep 1992

4 Likes

Tried to get that into print during lockdown…

Should have been a simple thing… short run a bit like the TP Ibiza DJs type book

Ended up getting really complicated and expensive in the end and I sadly had to walk away.

1 Like

Dave Haslam Top 20
November 1992

Top 10 Dave Haslam Nov 1992

5 Likes