The Health Kick (Inside)

JK-Z is really good on mindfulness, I have a couple of his books. I have a few in this kind of area, will post here when I get my hands on them. Unfortunately, about 90% of my books are still in boxes, some in storage.

1 Like

We watched that with my son, start to finish. Now on season 10 of Friends. The things we do for love.

1 Like

Appreciated. Yes have two more of his books yet to read.

I do find myself half laughing from time to time. Oh my I had an ex who loved Friends so was on constantly…in the late 90’s was it? I guess my daughter will be on that in a year or two so here goes again I fear.

1 Like

Check out my night time tipple. Chamomile tea with fresh ginger and orange blossom CBD oil. Now if this doesn’t get me to sleep then I’m not sure what will. Although I made the big error of lying down on my bed after the gym today and of course fell asleep for an hour. Naps are not a good idea!

2 Likes

I juice loads of lemons , add pulp + seeds + loads of peeled ginger & nutri bullet & have a double shot (mesters shot glass) with breakfast
Cant face peeling tumeric
Its should be so thick you need to stir to poor out of the bottle

1 Like

CBD report. I have been taking it for just over a week now, 10 days maybe and last night I slept pretty well but the night before 10 hours mainly undisturbed sleep which is unheard of for me this year. Anxiety levels seemed to have lowered a little too. As previous mentioned I have also been drinking chamomile tea during this period.

These are the ones I have been using, I did lots of research before purchasing, obviously we are way behind the US with CBD (shock, horror) so these are the best available to the UK plus I bought a small bottle of Trip Orange Blossom oil from Sainsbury’s which I add to my tea. Bottle is tiny though so doesn’t last long and at £20 it’s no bargain.

download

3 Likes

Don’t know how much that’s costing you but I rate the Doze CBD Gummies

2 Likes

Good for sleep?

2 Likes

Yeah really good

1 Like

Ordered, thanks.

1 Like

Due to the old man getting diagnosed with dementia, I have been doing some research for anything that might help prolonging the inevitable decline. One interesting thing to try that came up was Lion’s Mane mushrooms. Used for 100’s of years (mainly China) as a medicinal supplement for various ailments including boosting cognitive function, memory, concentration, etc.

They are also anti-inflammatory and promotes neurogenesis. There’s been clinical studies that look very promising with a lot more in the pipeline.

4 Likes

£50 for 60 gummies

Thanks for the heads up, will check them too

2 Likes

I’m so all or nothing that I’m sure this won’t last forever, but I’ve totally quit the news. Aside from what I hear on the radio sometimes whilst driving. The amount of time I spent on the Guardian app was ridiculous - when I deleted it, my screen time dropped by over 50%.

That and swimming 3 or 4 times a week feels like it’s made a difference. For now!

11 Likes

Used these, and camomile tea, for two nights now and both nights i’ve fallen asleep within 10 minutes. I’ve had chronic insomnia since I was a kid (which I suspect is caused by another condition which i’m waiting to get seen about at the moment) and have taken sleeping tablets since 2002. Tablets don’t work like they used too and even with them it can take an hour or longer to fall alsleep. Sometimes the tablets don’t work at all. Be interesting to see how the next week pans out with the gummies.

1 Like

If you can get some Melatonin as well that really helps. Glad to hear the CBD Gummies work for you!

I agree 100% with the news thing, it’s all pervasive and taking a step back certainly helps me - it also doesn’t mean you don’t know what’s going on in the world. I don’t believe 40 odd years ago people knew any less just because there wasn’t the endless 24hr news channels its all rehashed anyway. I ditched Twitter over a year ago but got this bloody awful Flipboard news aggregator app thingy which I’m just about to uninstall. Freedom!

5 Likes

Just ordered some Lion’s Mane extract for the old boy. Good for cognitive function and neurogenesis. Also anti-inflammatory. Some spores on the way and will attempt to grow them.

3 Likes

Good on you. I haven’t bothered with the news for a long time and now I barely watch any TV/streaming either. Only knew about the queen as my daughter told me. It suits me just fine. Did Fred Perry win Wimbledon by the way?

4 Likes

For sleep issues you could try prebiotics. I take this Bimuno | Digestive Nutrition | Prebiotic Supplements UK and the evidence behind it seems pretty strong