The Health Kick (Inside)

Had it two weeks ago - caught it on a trip to Engerland after 2 years of dodging it.

Was pretty bad, fever and shivers and coughing like a banshee. The headaches and brain fog were awful too. People said it’s like the flu, but it was pretty miserable and I’m not looking to get that shit again in a hurry.

Luckily didn’t lose my sense of taste/smell, if anything I was always starving - was hoping to lose weight too, fucking typical.

I tested negative after a week.

5 Likes

The people I know that’ve had it recently have said it was like a really bad case of the flu, but with extreme fatigue added. All of them initially had negative results from lateral flow tests. Thankfully no one needing hospitalisation.

1 Like

I had it very early on in 2020 - January. It percolated up through our spin class. No test available at the time but the loss of taste/smell was telltale. For me it lasted over a month and I still have a mild cough two years later. This particular post-vaxx bout feels like a miniature, a pale shadow of what we went through in 2020. Still no fun, but able to work/function.

Hope you feel better soon mate

1 Like

Anyone not vaccinated? Both me and my OH have had no jabs, we’re not tinfoil hat nutters didn’t have to for work and didn’t care about travelling last two years, done tests when our two kids tested positive from close contacts through school and work. We have a few trips coming up soon and at the moment you just need to show a negative antigen test to travel so fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I finally got it on 1st March. 2 days of temp and 8 days off work just feeling rough/groggy. Taste buds fine and zero cough. Fully jabbed early doors.
Didn’t even have the energy to put a record on. Gov advice at the time said I didn’t need to isolate and could have cracked on as normal…

1 Like

I tested positive on thursday . I’m triple jabbed. Friday and the weekend were complete write offs. feeling weak, light headed, head ache, constant feeling of being nauseous , sore throat.
still feeling crap today.
it’s weird, in the morning when I wake up I seem to feel ok but after an hour or so it hits me again.

1 Like

Finally got it after working 6 months working in a Covid Test and Trace centre. Was bloody awful. Was hospitalised after I woke up and couldn’t breath two days in. Had the BA2 strain which doesn’t show up on either lateral flow or PCR, was quite a novelty at the time. Covid ward was a grim grim place. I was on a drip and guy in next bed was being asked if he wanted to be resuscitated if he got worse.
I’m triple jabbed too.

There is a common misconception strains will get less and less severe as they mutate. This is not the case.

8 Likes

that sounds horrendous. Hope you’re ok now.

1 Like

All good now ta, never felt that ill before though, bit of an eye opener. Bugger of it all I missed out on sick pay as didn’t have a positive PCR due to the strain. Employer was a complete tw@t about it, which was nice.

3 Likes

Same here. Triple vaccinated (although last jab was 3 months ago). Started off losing my voice a bit, antigen negative that day. Next day a cough and headache, antigen negative again. The day after that symptoms worse, antigen positive that day and for the next 8 days.

Surprised by it also, was in bed for a few days at the worst, still coughing now 11 days after first symptom. I wonder if it would have been milder if my last jab was more recently.

Hope you’re feeling better.

EDIT: Just read @Gavin’s post, that sounds horrific. Good to read it’s all OK now. Going through similar situation with sick pay, never thought to get an official positive PCR, just have a photo of 8 positive home antigens.

2 Likes

This is what worries me. I don’t get sick pay, unless, I can prove, not only that it’s covid, but that I caught it at work. Basically, I’m screwed.

Yup and I was working in a Covid T&T centre, seeing up to 250 patients a day.

2 Likes

That’s shocking that you didn’t get sick pay considering the job. Wankers!

5 Likes

Speechless. :angry:

You mean like vitamins and weed yeah?

it finally caught me. triple jabbed but i foolishly dj’d a portland nightclub reunion on saturday night and absolutely picked it up there (pretty big crowd, almost entirely unmasked). what a shitshow.

luckily, i trusted my intuition and drove back to seattle early the next morning so i didn’t poison anyone else. told the wife & kid to go enjoy some time at the oregon coast so now i have the place to myself and can suffer alone. fully biohazard dad at this point.

if anyone has any secret advice on how to cope, let me know. right now, i’m pretty much glued to either the bed or couch.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear, heal up quick. We made do with tons of soup, chamomile infusion/honey & lemon. 90% of olfactory sense is back, just a mild cough now. Wife was still testing poz until yesterday. Tons of people we know on Insta posting positive tests worldwide. With the uptick in activity and infectiousness of B2 it’s inevitable…best to get it over with. X

1 Like

I’ve had it twice. The temperature i dealt with by taking a couple paracetamol before bed. Don’t know if you have a different name for paracetamol in the US but it’s common stuff I think. For the rest of the time i ate hot dogs and drank a bit of beer and that got me through it. I don’t think there’s any medicinal quality in sausages or beer but cheered me up and kept me going.

I did get asked if my sense of smell had disappeared but I really wouldn’t know as I don’t smell a lot of things. I remember helping one of my kids wipe his bottom in the toilet and thinking this isn’t fun so my sense of smell must be pretty normal.

2 Likes

Tested positive a few weeks ago. First night was horrendous I was okay all throughout the day and I got into bed to watch the champions league and suddenly I had the worst headache I have ever experienced in my life and I was absolutely freezing cold shivering but sweating buckets at the same time. I legit thought I was going to die that night. The next day was a bit rough but luckily after that it got better! I was testing positive for around 10 days but couldn’t run or do any exercise for more than 5 minutes for weeks.

3 Likes