Tell Me Where To Go

As things may soon be back to sort of normality, if I was to visit your town, which pubs, clubs, parties do you recommend? Start your answer with the town or city name and take it from there.

1 Like

Toronto

Raves at Cherry Beach on Sunday nights

CODA on Bathurst for your serious clubbing

Comfort Zone/Vertigo for after hours

4 Likes

This is our little club in Waterford Ireland 10k away from where I live now. Best club in Ireland by miles. Only club to have no phones on the dance floor policy for the last 4 or 5 years… Everyone has played there. Young but well clued in crowd who know their tunes… Dixon and mano for one of the birthday nights some time ago

3 Likes

Well, here in São Paulo I would say Caracol Bar, which is our sort of version of Brilliant Corners with the Isonoe mixer, Klipschorn speakers, awesome guest DJ’s, fantastic food & drinks and all that. It’s by far my favorite place in town, but the Covid pandemic took its toll and just today they released a crowdfunding attempt to be able to stay alive. Here’s the link if you’re inclined to help: Abacashi, contribuir em grupo nunca foi tão fácil!

Exchange rate means a few pounds/dollars/euros means a lot of Brazilian Real so if you can spare it, what you’d spend on a record or two will help them big time.

Honestly I can’t recommend anywhere else because all of them are under risk until this is over. But if there is one place to visit here, Caracol is it.

4 Likes

Nottingham - Primark

1 Like

Mods, could we have a subforum dedicated to people’s posts about their city and/or other people commenting on where they went while traveling to a city? As everyone knows, the nightlife scene changes frequently and being able to see what people are up to would be great…after this damn pandemic I want to get my boogie on, globally :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Any suggestions of things to do in Eastbourne or Hastings?

Hastings - if you fancy a hike, go up and over the east hill, stick to the coastal track until Fairlight Glen, follow the signs to the nudist beach! walk back to Hastings along the beach, check the tide timings as there’s very limited escape from the beach when the tide is in!

:wink:

Thanks. I meant musically/decent bars. These are 2 of the places we’re potentially moving to.

1 Like

just booked tickets to wigflex city festival in october. love nottingham.

1 Like

Ah yes, just remembered I’m off to this in August…

https://maiden-voyage.co.uk/

3 Likes

I got a 2 tickets for this on first release £22.60! Unbelievable, given the line up. I hope it happens, lots of festivals getting cancelled.

1 Like

Yeah same here, I got the early bird £10 tickets, but always anticipated it would never happen.

The fact they’ve now announced the location is a good sign.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up, I hadn’t clocked that!

1 Like

Trying to start planning our summer… what disco/balearic type events are happening around the UK?? Lowlife type events preferred. If only they did their mini festivals again.
Considering Al Fresco festival.

I’m in Bedfordshire and lineups and venue look great from Labyrinth. They do a bus from London also.

2 Likes

So like a sub section of the forum called City Bound or Themes For Great Cities?

2 Likes

My mate’s bought us tickets for this in August. Given the fact we’re up in Aberdeenshire it’s a bit of a schlep but hey ho…

1 Like

that would be great!

Heading to this on Saturday.

2 Likes