Small Claims Court

Thanks :), I have actually heard of him but don’t recognise the face. That face weirdly reminds me of old footballer Marco Gabiadinni, strange how the mind works.

I am a right name dropper me. I live on a particularly naff and low key version of Stella Street. My next door neighbour is Peyton ( Beautiful - directors cut) and next door to him was Pete Cunnah until he decamped to somewhere near Derry. That mean Al McKenzie sometimes popped in to see him…

Two fonz meetings in this thread. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I once passed DJ Sprinkles on an escalator at Waterloo. I was going down, she was going up.

5 Likes

Had the same scenario with John Cooper Clarke at Euston.

5 Likes

Kinda reminds me a bit of meeting Jo Whiley in the kitchen section of John Lewis in Milton Keynes. She sort of looked at me, looking at her (trying to figure out if it was her) and it caught me off guard, so I just said ‘You’re Jo Whiley’ to which she replied ‘Yes, I know’

Fucking hell, I made a sharp exit :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

5 Likes

About 10 years ago I was in one of those places that buys second hand stuff, when i was on my arse financially, selling something or other, stood next to me at the counter was Vini Reilly from The Durutti Column.
Not sure if he was buying or selling, buying i hope but with Factory Records terrible business sense it wouldn’t surprise me if it was the latter.

4 Likes

I once had quite an in-depth conversation about different denims with an American chap in Rivet & Hide. It was only as he went to shake my hand that I realized it was Ethan Hawke :rofl:

6 Likes

I remember in Ibiza 1995 or 96 we were staying right in the port area of ibiza town and word got around that David Copperfield and Claudia Schiffer were in town so everyone were on the look out for these two, but as the night went on and people started drifting away two pissed German guys were shouting " I am Siegfried and this is Roy, look at me…

4 Likes

pete cunnahs a top boy. was one of my lecturers in uni, he did a mix down of a track i did as an example of how to do it, didn’t save it, and then made fun of me for smoking weed. the safest guy

1 Like

Back in the early 90’s in Sydney stars could basically go out and get messy as nobody really cared and there wasn’t really any paparazzi to snap them.

I saw a shit faced Rob Lowe hanging onto a sign post trying to hail a taxi, while behind him in a doorway Belinda Carlisle was having a wee, which was nice.

Around the same era I was on Oxford street(a busy club hub back then) late at night and saw a very messy Kylie Minogue with Micheal Huchence at a pedestrian crossing, He dropped a large bag full of pills but was too under the weather to notice, I handed them to him, and he said, that he already had some, to which I said, mate these are yours. He looked very confused but took them back.

16 Likes

An Optimo classic. The angry germans tune

Allen’s Klas

1 Like

Thought of this one after the Lavelle post up on the main site -

Pre-COVID we would volunteer cooking at FareStart - great org here that trains folks recovering from substance abuse and places them in restaurant jobs. Always a terrific crew and you’re in the bowels of this massive underground kitchen doing prep etc for hours…anyway, we meet this lovely middle-aged lady who was new to Seattle from California and make the usual small talk…she starts on about her kids and one of them is a musician. “Who?” “Ah, you’ve probably never heard of him. He does some hip-hop electronic kinds of things”. “What’s his moniker?” “He goes by DJ Shadow.” !! So we spent a lovely day chopping vegetables with Shadow’s mum. Her verdict: “I liked his earlier stuff, not much of a fan of what he’s doing with that Killer…” “…Mike? You mean Run the Jewels?” “Yeah…not really my thing” Good times.

18 Likes

Brilliant !

1 Like

One of my first dj-gigs outside my hometown when I was starting out was in the bar part of a fancy restaurant, the bar was almost empty but then Tiesto walked in and ordered 3 beers which he indulged in 20 minutes and then left

6 Likes

Just randomly bumped into Niles and Baggy in PUBG (a video game before you ask) Niles killed me.

2 Likes

I met Mickey Rourke in about early 91 i think. He had a bar in South beach Miami called Mickeys.
He looked a lot better in those days!:joy::+1:
I’ll find the flier

6 Likes

I got Geoff capes (English weight lifter) autograph at the Petts wood fair when I was 7.

10 Likes

I was interviewed by Terry Wogan on live TV

6 Likes