Small Claims Court

Shout to @J_C for this but Bruce has put up a you and famous people thread but what about all the small interactions. Small Claims Court wholesale nicked off Radio 6.

Mine… Geoff Capes (weightlifter for non-UK people or anyone under 35) signed my Kit Kat wrapper at the Orpington fete. Oh and I made a cup of tea for John Lydon.

11 Likes

I have a photo somewhere with The Fonz :dark_sunglasses: taken in Virgin mega store Time sq late one freezing February night down In the bargain basement books section.

6 Likes

I once met old school comedian and real narky bastard in real life Bernie Winters with his dog Schnorbitz.

He opened a refitted shop I worked in on Saturdays. Asked him for his autograph, to which he mumbled ‘Fuxxake’ and then despite me telling him three times, spelled my name wrong.

Lovely memories! :rofl:

6 Likes

Pam Ayres and The Honey Monster on the same day in Tesco’s Andover circa 1980.

6 Likes

I sat next to Carl Cox on my last flight to Ibiza. I could just hear the music he was preparing for his set at Usiwushiwishiwoo and it was horrific.

Chris Tarrant made me cry as a kid when he was trying to be nice by explaining why I was too small to be on Tiswas. I had to watch from the sidelines whilst my older siblings enjoyed the chaos.

Jasper Carrott made me mad when he said I looked like a gorilla in the jungle as I was wearing a brown polo neck with green cords (it was the 70’s so please don’t judge)

6 Likes

Usiwushiwishiwoo. Ha ha! Amazing! :rofl:

3 Likes

Here’s me with Blovid Johnson at Glastonbury in 2003 I think. No fucking idea what he was doing there, he was inexplicably with Billy Bragg. I was off my tits and I have to say, so was Blovid by the way he was talking

I’m just sorry I didn’t spike the c**t now

14 Likes

You were in strangling distance.

To be fair he always sounds off his head.

3 Likes

A friend and I met Chuck D when we were about 18. Chuck signed my mates “It Takes A Nation of Millions” LP but got our names mixed up and signed it to me instead of my friend.

Around the same time (pre smoking ban) I shared a dodgy soap bar joint with Madlib on an Aberdeen dancefloor during a Gilles P set.

5 Likes

Got stabbed in the eye by Chaka Khan’s fro comb in Flip, Long Acre as she was absentmindedly teasing her locks around '84. Should have made a small claim in retrospect.

7 Likes

Defo post of the month! :bomb:

2 Likes

I completely agree :ok_hand::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Is he wearing swimming goggles here?

5 Likes

It’s his swimming goggles / rent a ghost hat combo that’s peaking 11 on the twat’o’meter

3 Likes

Duncan Goodhew :swimming_man:t3: came to visit our swimming club when I was 12 and I had a quick chat with him.

Shared a cab with Alex James from Blur around late 90’s from Covent Garden to some club my mate’s brother was taking us to (it was shit) and Alex James was a bellend. Kept asking us if we had any gear which we did but told him we didn’t.

9 Likes

Duncan Goodhew :joy:

4 Likes

You are welcome :rofl:

3 Likes

A not overly famous I admit Judy Cheeks picked me out of everyone at Renaissance to sing to me during her P.A. I felt slightly uncomfortable to say the least.

3 Likes

I sat next to Paul McCartney on the train home once.

6 Likes

Oh man New York is good for these-

My friends and I were at Fulton Mall in downtown brooklyn and we were very excited to spot Melle Mel. We followed him for a block at which point he told us he would kill us if we didn’t stop staring at him.

I opened a beer for Debby Harry at a party.

Lou Reed was rude to me at the knitting factory (a highlight of my life)

Spike Lee filmed a commercial on my neighbors stoop and wouldn’t talk to anyone and hid behind a giant bodyguard.

I rode the elevator up in to the old Sony tower at 550 Madison Avenue with Bob Dylan who then got asked for ID by the security desk and was absolutely incredulous.

Bijoux Phillips walked up to me and called me a “slut” in a restaurant in soho (I have never met her before).

Fiona Apple angrily accosted me in Washington Square Park and told me I was a terrible person for “never talking to her again.” we don’t know each other (she seemed pretty crazed).

Many more and I’m excluding work related ones because that seems unprofessional.

15 Likes