Small Claims Court

So is it a friendly place to live?

The friendliest and I mean that. It’s just a place where by and large no one gives a crap if you’re famous and everyone runs in to everyone eventually.

2 Likes

Kevin Saunderson slept in my bed.

(note: I wasn’t in it at the time)

5 Likes

I’m a HUGE Residents fan and saw them at ATP in 2010. Spotted them in the crowd the previous afternoon and spent a few minutes stood next to them… star struck.

2 Likes

Oh… and I very loudly interupted a small, intimate Bjork gig at the Union Chapel. Most embarring moment of my life.

3 Likes

I once scored a penalty against former England goaly Gordon Banks during the early 80s. He was running a football academy at Butlins Pwllheli where I was spending a week on a family holiday. Wearing my full Liverpool kit with a number 7 on the back of the shirt I remember him calling me “Kenny” (Dalglish) for the rest of the day, much to my delight. Really nice fella as well, didn’t get anywhere near my penalty though :facepunch:

6 Likes

How? What happened?

I met Bjork after a gig Underworld did with her in Dublin. We had the foyer in U2’s hotel. She sat down on the sofa opposite me with a big ghetto blaster and started playing Penguin Cafe Orchestra. I was like ‘oh Penguin Cafe’ and she was like ‘you like this?’ and then patted the seat next to her to sit with her where we chatted for a while. Happy to say she is well alright.

15 Likes

It was the Saturday date and my ex was leaving for Australia for a year so to send her off I arranged tickets for this and I was working in the offices for the club Home in Leicester Square at the time and sorted out guest list and some free drinks for afters.

So, we get into Union Chapel pretty late due to being near the end of the queue and we are sat way at the back at the top and there’s maybe 5 minutes to go. I stupidly decide the bar area should be empty by now and decide to quickly nip and get a few drinks. As I was walking back in the church, through a huge heavy wooden door, the show has started and suddenly there was Bjork in the middle of her first song about 50 feet away from me, and then the huge heavy wooden door slammed shut behind me, the whole venue heard it (it’s an “unplugged” gig, right) and turned to look at me. I waited till the song was over and made the walk of utter shame back to our seats at the top whilst getting bad looks from everyone. Very, very embarrassing.

7 Likes

When I lived in London, I used to do the summer refurb at the Houses of Parliament every year. Met loads of the idiots that try to run this country. Madame Speaker Betty Boothroyd shouted at me for smoking in front of the door to the Speakers House. Michael Portillo was an arrogant twat, John Mayor was surprisingly pleasant. Mo Mowlam was brilliant. She would join us for a chat and smoke and was a very nice, down to earth human being.

6 Likes

Used to work for upmarket decorating shop and was dropping of some stuff to their Conduit St store, Bjork was with her small child we had a long chat about colour from memory, was vaguely aware of her being in the Sugarcubes, super nice girl, may have been a bit of flirting, but may have been my imagination.

Met Zandra Rhodes, Bryan and Lucy Ferry, Dougie Fields, Andrew Logan and small boy later to become Chancellor of Exchequer, they had some ace launch parties, and much to my dismay I was in the back of fucking Tatler at one. Kind of eclipsed the chatting up Bjork bit in the piss taking book my mates compiled.

8 Likes

My dad was in the gunk tank on Tiswaz and I was in the audience. Afterwards I asked Gary Glitter for his autograph and he wrestled me to the floor :grimacing:

14 Likes

That was a great hotel back in the day The Clarence in Dublin and it had a cracking little club called the kitchen Sunday nights were our out out night as they often got what ever House dj was over to play fri and sat in Sir Henrys Cork or Galway to play on Sunday… Bono used to pop up in the ticket box or cloak room from time to time getting coats lol

2 Likes

Yeah I remember it had vases hanging off the walls of the rooms. Most fancy place I’d ever stayed in at that point…

@FireAppleRed that sounds horrible

@Gavin in my head she was flirting with me as well. I think it must be the way she chats… : )

5 Likes

Ice T liked one of my tweets once, i was chuffed for about a month lol

5 Likes

When I joined the Deep House Page forum the second person to say hi and welcome was David Mancuso.

11 Likes

I was in the sneaker store chatting with a client and Ice T and Cocoa walked in. I mentioned to my client that The Iceberg was in the store and he said “oh shit let me holler at the boy.” I was like what you want to me to tell him you say hello? And he was like “nah put him on the phone” :rofl: so up I walked to one of my all time musical heroes and was like “hey I’m on the phone with — he wanted to chop it up with you.” Dude then grabs my phone and spends at least an hour talking to my client. Hands me my phone back with my battery halfway drained thanks me for “keeping it player” gives me a pound and off we our separate ways. Moments like that will do a lot to off set the stress and heartache the music business can inflict upon you.

9 Likes

Was he talking cheese too? Extolling the virtues of the DairyLea triangle or that Primula cheese spread. Always struck me as a first class tool.

2 Likes

Oh Lady Miss Ker sound factory bar NYC… A long long story :grin:

3 Likes

My least favourite beatle… He’s like a Weller man to me…

I posted this a few months ago

George Digweed

1 Like