Recommended Playlists (Spotify, You Tube ...)

Fantastic resource. Thank you.

Haven’t seen this in the thread. Dave Clake’s non-techno podcasts. Laid up in bed a few months ago with Covid and made a good way through them. Brilliantly Gothy.

Dave Clarke - The Saga (Complete) - playlist by Rolf Mulder | Spotify (a playlist someone’s compiled on Spotify)

1 Like

https://tidal.com/browse/playlist/997ea980-8af6-4118-a643-bfd9c2f7c083

nice

1 Like

I was waiting to see if they updated to reflect this months show and indeed they did.

After a months look into streaming i’ve settled on Roon with a Tidal account. I’ve seen the (streaming) promised land, I can’t go back :heart_eyes:

a playlist of tracks “made in in 2022”
jazz, indie, pop, balearic, house, ambient, disco, experimental etc, enjoy!

1 Like

Keen to hear how you get on with Roon/Tidal, once you’ve had a chance to get into it.

1 Like

I’ve put in some serious hours on Roon now. This is definitely the future for me. A perfect mix of streaming service and local files.

Before this I was maintaining a local iTunes library that I started in 2005-ish. It’s now at 13,000 releases. I’ve put a lot of time, love and money into that library and when Apple ditched iTunes and I had gotten a newer iMac I was able to find an older version of itunes supported here (GitHub - cormiertyshawn895/Retroactive: Run Aperture, iPhoto, and iTunes on macOS Ventura, macOS Monterey, macOS Big Sur, and macOS Catalina. Xcode 11.7 on macOS Mojave. Final Cut Pro 7, Logic Pro 9, and iWork ’09 on macOS Mojave or macOS High Sierra.) but it’s now slow and buggy. I was also bored with files and tagging and backups so I thought i’d give streaming a go.

Spotify and Tidal I liked. Not having to muck about with files was freeing but there were a lot of features missing from their apps which left a gaping hole for me. So, I kept seeing Roon mentioned on the Tidal subreddit. Roon has all the missing features. The local file support means I can slowly move my iTunes library over. It’s UBER everything and can do everything I want, even smart playlists. There are only two tiny things on my Roon feature wishlist.

I’m constantly surprised by content on Tidal. A lot of my favourite labels are on there and I rarely don’t find what I want there. There’s some good digging. And anything that isn’t there can be added locally.

2 Likes

The stats are quite fun too.

Screenshot 2022-12-31 at 20.49.02

1 Like

Looks good, never heard of this one before but will give it a try

I tested Roon for a few weeks over Xmas. Decided against it in the end since I don’t have a Tidal sub and the total cost seemed a bit high. But you might have made me go have another look at it. I like that the new version lets you access local files when you’re out and about too.

1 Like

It’s amazing for local files.

There’s also a cheaper alternative which seems to have quite a bit of support and it’s a one off license payment. I did have a look but I much prefer Roon. Also spotted a few spelling mistakes in the software which I thought was weird.

I didn’t really use it long enough to get a proper feel for all the features, but is it right that it will also make algorithmic suggestions amongst you local files based on your listening history? Or just from Tidal?

I’ve always used it combined with a streaming service so i’m not too sure. The 6 daily mix playlists that Roon generates are all streaming files.

Well that’s my daily listening sorted for 217 hours and 8 minutes.

5 Likes

Our DJ crew now have an ongoing Spotify page with regularly updated genre specific playlists. enjoy

Offworld trancers, shadow romancers and horizontal dancers.

1 Like

Together with my amigo Kinoli - I’m building a 24h playlist with the generic & cliché title “Sunrise Afternoon Sunset Midnight Music Delights” - but the music is better than our title.

We add & delete on an almost daily basis - welcome to have a listen at Spotify

:heart:

2 Likes
5 Likes

323 tracks from 2023. No reissue-business or any other business, just some music “made in 2023” in no particular order

2 Likes