Random Pop Facts

A home for random pop facts.

The fact that Green Gartside of Scritti Polliti came up with the concept of a duet between Gregory Isaacs and Kraftwerk melts my head. The fact he wrote a song as good as ‘The Sweetest Girl’ for them to do it with is even better. Makes total sense when you hear it.

14 Likes

The Visvim FBT shoe is named after Fun Boy Three. Founder, Hiroki Nakamura saw Terry Hall sporting a pair of moccasins on an album cover and, unable to source the shoe he saw, created one from scratch.

13 Likes

Top fact!!

3 Likes

So amazing.

2 Likes

The Cheeky Girls are both now selling cars at Hyundai dealerships in York and Boston, Lincs :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11 Likes

Future by Mr Monday was co-produced by Dan Donovan of Big Audio Dynamite ( ex husband of Patsy Kensit)

8 Likes

Have to make this a “blind item” but I swear it’s true- there’s a top Scandinavian songwriter who has credits on dozens of number one records with a speciality in female pop divas who composed ALL of his ideas in the barking black metal style, slows them down edits the best parts and has them revoiced by a demo vocalist. It’s AMAZING hearing the original melodies to some of the biggest pop songs of the last twenty years grunted and screamed acapella.

6 Likes

Two thirds of ZZ Top sported beards, the only member who is clean shaven is… Frank Beard.

10 Likes

the Annie song “Me Plus One” is about Geri Halliwell locking herself in a car in a huff because Richard X gave “Some Girls” to Rachel Stevens to sing instead of Ginger herself.

Ace Of Base had a hit with “Always Have Always Will” but the original lyrics were about how they hate journalists and was called “Killer On The Rampage.”

6 Likes

Rod Stewart has gone deep house.

3 Likes

Ace of Base were neo nazis.

3 Likes

I just googled that, very grim. Here’s an article.

Ace of Base - Neo Nazis

4 Likes

Shakatak fact!

5 Likes

Love it

1 Like

…and Shakatak’s Roger Odell is, of course, the father of Jimpster…

9 Likes

10 Likes

Just spat my tea out :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

It’s a crazy story

Stanton Warriors got their name from a manhole cover.

6 Likes

Salman Rushdie did the lyrics for a Promotional disco song for Burnley Building Society that came out on 12"

I await Harvey playing a re-edit of this

https://twitter.com/RealPaulPutner/status/1463151695542861836?s=20

10 Likes