Random Pop Facts

that is quite something, on many fronts

1 Like

Darren from Get Down Edits lives up the road from me… :+1:
He’s a plumber by day but tonight Mathew I’m… :drum::drum::drum::drum::man_dancing: @howler

2 Likes

Some of them Get Down Edits go for bucks now

1 Like

Two good lads. They play alot here in few bars around town,love when they go back playing House sets…
Daz [Get Down Edits] Classic Deep House - March 2020 Lockdown Mix 2 by Get-Down-Edits on #SoundCloud

1 Like

Primal Scream’s Dixie Narco EP doesn’t get its name from Primal Scream’s general vibe, but from a brand of coffee vending machine

4 Likes

David Van Day of 70/80s pop duo Dollar sells burgers from a van in Brighton town centre. We did a night at the Concorde many years ago and thought it’d be funny to have him doing the food bar. I looked up Van Day in the phone book. There was only one who turned out to be his aunt. She kindly gave me his number and contact was made.
He brought an authentic New York Hot Dog cart and parked it by the dance floor. We put a spotlight on him and he spent the evening telling people that “no they’re not veggie sausages”.
The whole place stank of onions.
He’s shorter than you might’ve thought too. Burger Van Day we called him.

10 Likes

Have a copy if anyone wants it,

This is a hard watch but from 0:20-0:40 is hilarious :flushed:

“Everybody knows Bono, but over here we actually LIKE Shane MacGowan.” :grinning:

1 Like

Burger Van Day :rofl::rofl: there is a Burger place in LA owned by some pro skater called

3 Likes

What is the shortest album ever?

One of the biggest crossover dance successes of all time has precisely zero vocals on it from the artist whose name appears on the song. It’s one hundred percent featuring the songwriter who wrote and demoed it while intoxicated and didn’t even remember having done so until hearing it at a basketball game.

2 Likes

Whats the song? : )

I just googled and in fact this has seen the light of day. R.I.P. to Andrea she was a firecracker-

3 Likes

Songwriter and guitarist of A-Ha Pal Waaktaar’s favourite film is The Elephant Man. It’s amazing how much of old Smash Hits interviews gets lodged in your memory and yet I can’t remember how I got to work.

4 Likes

Always wished Peter Andre would start a burger van called Mysterious Grill

5 Likes

Heavy on the cheese :cheese:

3 Likes

whoa, so Robin S didn’t actually sing Show Me Love ?! was this widely known already?

Covered in oil as well

2 Likes

I think everyone kept quiet about it until Andrea passed away but go listen to Andrea’s album and then to Show Me Love and you’ll have no doubt. I think it’s also pretty widely known that Mariah sings a ton of the Brenda K Starr vocals.