Pie, Mash and Liquor

Fun time then? Looks lush…

2 Likes

Yes mate, had a great time albeit one night only. Manze’s was great as ever, lovely staff looked after us in our delicate state :rofl:

1 Like

Stunning pre-gig meal at Kricket in Soho last night. Highly recommended. I’m trying to avoid being a foodie wanker, so pics taken from Trip Advisor. The Butternut Squash curry was next level.

6 Likes

That chicken looks pretty awesome too.

2 Likes

Really good. With curry leaf mayo and corriander chutney

2 Likes

Ah thanks. Been meaning to try that for a while now.

1 Like

Home delivery from Manze’s coinciding with Mrs.C working in Glasgow today. Double for me it is then

4 Likes

was watching Rick Stein’s BBC trip around Spain and he found actual proper pies in Galicia which looked amazing. A real struggle to find them where I live! Will hopef get over there at some point

1 Like

Is that a bottle of Manzes own medicine? Like Gaviscon?

3 Likes

Haha it’s their chilli vinegar

3 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

Can we keep it on track?

I love a posh dinner me, but there’s a lot of non pie related chat going on…

Keep it pie.

6 Likes

Ace looking P&M here, where’s this can I ask?

Staying on the topic of pies, me and the missus treated ourselves to some of these beauty’s on Sunday. Baldys Pies of Wigan. Soon to be available online as well :facepunch:

2 Likes

Camden Taaaahn

1 Like

A sign of the times…

1 Like

IMG_0977

We we’re chatting about the pie we were eating last night and I mentioned Diana’s Diner, we realised we were both working in Covent Garden at the time and both went there independently before we met. Bloody loved that place.

Took Mrs Howler to Jacuzzi today for lunch. Was totally ace.

Worth it for the wifi name alone, although the food and venue are both spectacular!

6 Likes

Manze’s on Chapel Market been closed for a few years (used to love pie, mash and liquor in there), but the “For Sale” sign has disappeared recently and looks like there is a bit of activity going on inside. Peering through the window, it still has the beautiful tiling, wooden booths and kitchen fittings in place.Hopefully it will reopen as some sort of cafe/ bar along the lines of the old Cooke’s in Dalston (which has had a faithful restoration).
Not, pie & mash, but also lost the wonderful old school Italian cafe, Alpino, a few doors down from there. (Landlord jacked their rent up by 30% apparently, place has been empty ever since).
Thankfully, the family who run it have moved to a new site across the road, but it hasn’t got the same 50’s time warp fixtures and fittings of the now abandoned premises.

2 Likes