Open AI - Anyone Playing With It?

Well there is that hehehe.

1 Like

I can’t help but feel that the future has been a bit of a letdown compared to what we were promised back in the ‘80’s.

5 Likes

Wild! It’s just trawling the Web but it’s definitely clever…

I was surprised that it’s more than just copying from already existing answers on the web.

I checked two phrases “Finding and booking DJs that specialize” and “Difficulty obtaining alcohol licenses from local authorities”.

From a Google search, those phrases are original, they’ve never been used on the internet, a search for them only returns this forum post.

2 Likes

Te lawsuits have already started

1 Like

Maggie Philbin seems to have piped down a bit

2 Likes

All been downhill the Fairlight episode tbh.

1 Like

Came across this the other day; apparently, Google has a model that can generate high-quality multi-minute music from text descriptions:

“a calming violin melody backed by a distorted guitar riff”

However, unlike OpenAI and ChatGPT, Google isn’t making it public just yet:

https://google-research.github.io/seanet/musiclm/examples/

Most of them sound like SNES games to me, can’t see them troubling the charts any time soon.

1 Like

I asked it if Josephine was Balearic and it coped with that quite well saying that it was an example of the Balearic genre.

I then went back to the top of the is it Balearic thread and picked out the first slightly more controversial one. It seems some questions are just unanswerable.

5 Likes

Is this what took down the TP forum for over a week? It found the root source and, well…

5 Likes

Server crash so may well have been :comet:

4 Likes

Interesting way to negate cheating in class using Chat GPT: heard of a history professor who gets Chat GPT to write essays on class topics then the students have to mark the essays and point out where AI got it wrong/could be improved.

Smart!

2 Likes

I’m interviewing Hania Rani for my works’ magazine in anticipation of her first ever Australia tour. I just asked ChatGTP to generate some interview questions tailored to her career

pretty great starting point for inspiration.

I’ve been using it to generate social media post text and hashtags for works’ Facebook and Insta today as well. very bloody handy

2 Likes

Renaissance Trackies…:rofl:

10 Likes

13 Likes

Mogg looks a bit like Weller…

5 Likes

Amazing and disturbing.

2 Likes

Best use of AI since the Pope in his Moncleric™

Edit: ™ @J_C btw not me :innocent:

5 Likes

Anyone who works in corporate PR or copywriting might want to think about retraining.

I asked it to come up with a media line for a crisis comms situation and a media plan and what it produced in 10 seconds was as good as any agency that would charge you a few grand for the same advice.

6 Likes

I fear the next ten years is going to be a devastating time for many “white collar” professionals, creatives, and admin type workers whose jobs are replaced by AI. Mortgage brokers, counsellors, call centres, sales people, designers, social media creatives, the list is endless. I woke up a month ago and realised I need to seriously consider a big career change in the next five years (I work in communications/media).

6 Likes