Open AI - Anyone Playing With It?

Spot on Jolyon. We’ve been having the same conversation. Did you see the letter that Elon Musk and 1000 other digital leader types have signed saying we need to pause this for 6 months to really consider what it’s about to do? That in itself tells you all you need to know.

2 Likes

I hear you. My career has been in various aspects of recruitment. It’s another sector which is potentially threatened by AI. We need to work out how AI can make us humans more successful in our jobs, not take over everything we do. Tbf if AI can do someone’s entire job better than them, then they are truly ******. In my role, for example, AI can be a real time saver (and I’ve started using it for some aspects) and the trick is to then fill that saved time with much more human work on relationship building/client service. If the value/benefit of the extra human work outweighs the admin savings, then happy days. There’s probably a neat formula to describe that which could be applied to any job.

2 Likes

For once I’m glad I ended up in education, purely now for the reason that can’t see how an Ai would deal with 30 unruly teenagers!

3 Likes

The human skills will survive, eg ai might replace doctors but not nurses

1 Like

AI cost me my job on Thursday. Need to find a line of work immune to the robots!

2 Likes

Yep. I spent 23 years in media in various roles and my boss told me today to jump ship, retrain, make myself useful. Some hard decisions ahead

3 Likes

Sorry to hear it Herbie :heart:

4 Likes

Good read

2 Likes

it may be time: Universal basic income - Wikipedia

7 Likes

Ever since reading Utopia For Realists by Rutger Bregman I’ve thought the same

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that mate- it seems to be ripping through certain industries like wildfire!

1 Like

Cheers Chris. Yep, what Jo said above basically…

God i miss the 2000s - farringdon was mediaville, so many cushy jobs then on a Friday all down the 3 kings or the clubs round there

5 Likes

I tried playing about on Midjourney for the first time. Thought I might try it with flyer designs for my soundsystem. Nothing specific enough came out to be of any use, but this one made me laugh. That’s not the name of the system.
Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 10.44.59 am

5 Likes

:rofl:

Is this what happens when you don’t take AI seriously, and just start fannying about?

1 Like

Now we have something new that wants to have a dig. And with some degree of wit it appears.

1 Like

its scary that it could wipe out multiple job roles across pretty much all sectors, but then I also think that when some banks (specifically Santander) still send documents via fax, and a lot businesses in the finance/mortgage industry are still paper based, we might actually be safe for a while yet.

Not much point replacing everyone’s jobs if it leaves them with no money to spend at your shiny new AI operated company.

https://twitter.com/itakgol/status/1645491031071236120?s=46&t=4pMF_T9kTLvpfyosKJKd_Q

//

Here’s the tweet…

//

ChatGPT is so last month :sleeping:

:fire: Stanford/Google researchers just dropped some mindblowing new research on generative agents, and it’s like they brought Westworld to life. :robot:

Here’s what you should know​:arrow_heading_down::arrow_heading_down::arrow_heading_down:

Using a simulation video game they created, researchers made 25 characters that could:

Communicate with others and their environment :speech_balloon:

Memorize and recall what they did and observed :brain:

Reflect on those observations :thinking:

Form plans for each day :date:

Then, they gave them some memories:

An identity (name, occupation, priorities) :memo:

Information about/relationships with other characters :couple_with_heart:

Some intention about how to spend their day :thought_balloon:

Then, they pressed play. :arrow_forward:

With just this information alone, the characters acted much like humans do:

They shared information with each other :speaking_head:

Example: Isabella starts the day with a plan to host a Valentine’s Day party. She spreads the word, and by the end of the simulation, 12 characters know about the party :partying_face:

Much like humans, 7 of them flaked - 3 of them had “other plans” and the other 4 just didn’t show. :unamused:

They form new relationships and remember them :revolving_hearts:

Example: Sam and Latoya don’t know each other at the start. They meet at a park, and Latoya says she’s working on a photography project… :camera_flash: When Sam and Latoya meet again later, Sam says: “Hi, Latoya. How is your project going?” :camera:

They coordinate with each other :handshake:

Example: Researchers gave Isabella (the v-day party host) and Maria two pieces of info:

Isabella: You will throw a party :tada:

Maria: You have a crush on Klaus :cupid:

Without any further instruction, Isabella invites people to the party, decorates the venue, and asks Maria for help. Meanwhile, Maria jumps at the opportunity to get closer to Klaus by inviting him along as well. :heart_eyes:

This is fascinating new research :books:

We’ve officially moved past ‘AI models can write blog posts for me’ and into “How much can AI models act like humans?” territory. :robot::arrow_right::couple:

We’re moving fast :dash:.

1 Like

5 Likes

https://youtu.be/xNHbvemQaoo

Arthur C. Clarke knew