Nature Sounds

Hi all, a bit of a cheeky professional ask here, I’m doing some work with a big nature conservation charity and really thinking about how they can use audio to inspire people about nature, wildlife and the outdoors.

So any great tracks or albums that do that? I was immediately thinking about some of the Mark Barrot stuff but you’ll have better ideas than me.

Also this might be helpful to people if we all get locked down again. R x

1 Like

PS I can immediately hear in my mind that cheesy early 90s ambient house track with rainforest noises and can’t for the life of me remember what it was

I just got sent the new Warm ambient compilation which I haven’t dug into yet but it might be of use… Lots of nature sounds…

5 Likes

What about this?

3 Likes

This is fun!

1 Like

lawrence - music for plants I & II

1 Like

Cheers, perfect example and just lovely (got it on now)

1 Like

there’s this incredible site here:

Highly recommended this (track 3).

2 Likes

Was just about to mention the Warm compilation as mine turned up today

2 Likes

Was the 90s ambi-cheese Deep Forest? Failing that, how about a mix of every track that uses the Emu II loon bird sample :grinning:.

3 Likes

Any excuse :heart_eyes::honeybee::parrot:

2 Likes

Might be a little bit of a stretch, but this EP by DJ Python always sounds very organic to me and could be a good fit depending on the context. And if not, just a great one to listen to!

3 Likes

Can’t seem to link right now but the Double Geography stuff might fit.
Also Francis Bebey.

Deep Forest! That was it.

3 Likes

I saw the tracklist earlier and wanted to check out the Gary Moore guitar work. I was wondering how his blues style would fit into an ambient mix, but it seems like it’s not the same guy.

Just played this coincidentally in a really relaxing ambient mlx I did and forgot to hit record grrrrr

Anyhow Kuniyuki - Birds has birds tweeting in it surprisingly :bird:

1 Like