Nature Sounds

I liked the wild jungle sounds on your track acid safari :grinning: @Joe

Can’t find on YT or Bandcamp, but some lovely bees on here:

http://www.wolfgangbuttress.com/soundscape#/be-one-record-release/

1 Like

loooooovely thanks

No worries. Will post bits up as and when I hear them.

Lovely that, meets the brief perfectly, thank you

1 Like

I remember Jus Ed making a deep houser with a whale in it but can’t find it anywhere on google oddly. Let me dig out the MP3 of it and I can send it to you

1 Like

An album of people farting would be better than Abba

With a newborn struggling to sleep I’ve been diving into nature sounds as a way to soothe her. If it’s a mixture of nature sounds & music you’re after the SFX version of Hiroshi Yoshimura’s Green might work. For pure nature sounds the Nippon Columbia Archive’s nice.

3 Likes

GREEN | Hiroshi Yoshimura wow that is magical thank you

This album by Ariel Kalma has lots of rainforest sounds in it.

New age beauty I discovered over on the Ultravillage blog. Not very “British” nature noises mind if that’s what you’re after. Gorgeous still;

& thanks to whoever it was who suggested this Mata Atlântica | melissa pons
lovely to have on in the background

Maybe a bit biased as it’s all things Scottish but this is amazing….still play it regularly when some head space is needed. Lovely sleeve notes too and as always with Firecracker the artwork is lovely. He worked with the Forrestry Commission of Scotland on this btw :ok_hand:t3:

5 Likes

Thanks, have added to the Listen List, love the write-up too. Think more ‘causes’ should be getting involved with music, they have amazing assets & stories to inspire great art.

1 Like

Absolutely beautiful, thank you

Made me think of this:

Just came across this. Goodness knows what it sounds like. ‘A Glacier's Requiem’

This is a great private pressed record from 1967, it’s a recording of Dan Gibson who travels through sound down a creek in America and records the animals he hears and identifies. It’s so beautiful and both sides are a journey for nature lovers.

Holborne Records was Dan’s big project and he spent a lot of his life making these recordings. I’d love to have met him, he really did care about what he was doing - whenever I play his work at home I usually have a big smile on my face.