Music Production Tips/Tricks/Bits of Kit

In other news, I’ve finally got the TB03 connected and werking with studio one.

Don’t ask me for a walkthrough… more luck than judgement :grimacing:

3 Likes

I see you use the same working methods as I do :joy:

3 Likes

Modular peoples. Going in on this. Literally can’t wait as I don’t have any fx in my system.

4 Likes

This may be of interest to some

4 Likes

What’s in your rack? Be interested in a rundown

This is pretty much it bar some bits and bobs…

8 Likes

if anyone is looking for a TON of samples from a TON of sample cd’s from the 90’s - well do I have the torrent for you!

5 Likes

How are you getting along with the Morphagene mate? I’m still getting to grips with mine. Bloody complicated little thing.

2 Likes

I really like it. I think, much like the squid, the triggered recording gives you these super nice loops and then playing with the parameters is really fun. Lots to get lost in.

Tons of ideas in here if you’ve a spare few hours > MakeNoise Morphagene - Page 78 - MOD WIGGLER

I got a headache looking at that picture.

1 Like

It’s the greatest. So much to get lost in. Hard to keep a focus when making music but for coming up with ideas it’s amazing. There’s a really good free online version of modular if anyones bored called vcv rack.

4 Likes

+1 for VCV Rack. Spent a year learning modular and synthesis with VCV. And of course there is now a VST version for use in your DAW now (althought this is paid). Untold fun.

If you’re wanting to learn modular without the moneypit then this is the way to go. Look-up Omri, he’s the best resource and tutor for VCV out there.

https://www.youtube.com/c/OmriCohen-Music

3 Likes

Yeah I think I’ll do this before splashing on tons of modules. Had a few bits of semi-modular gear over the years which I’ve sold. Now have an O Coast which I’m really into

2 Likes

First project i’ve stemmed out from VCV to Ableton. Got plans for this one.

5 Likes

I think the o coast is the entry point. I’ve got the O-ctrl too which is just insane. I still use that. But yeah I started with o coast and mother32.

1 Like

Wicked. Love it. I think there’s real legs in this sound. You know that Paul Daley mix of Jose. It feels like there’s a whole world away from the balearic soft synth pad of where balearic is a lot. I like the clonk :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks man, glad you dug.

It has potential, that’s for sure. So far, I have a love/hate relationship to it. At the one hand, it can do some really cool and weird stuff, on the other hand it’s so bloody convoluted, I always catch myself thinking that what’s taken me half an hour on the Morphagene I could probably do in 5 minutes on the Octatrack, but that’s obviously because I know that machine a lot better. It also bugs me a bit that the controls are soooo sensitive, particularly the speed knob. Getting it to stay on green is a matter of dialing in the correct setting on the millimeter.

But it opened up a bit when I started triggering the rec and play inputs. The only way to get some rhythmically pleasing results.

I think I’ll hold on the 78 page Moddwiggler thread. I scoured YouTube for people doing interesting stuff with it, but was lost in a sea of “modular music”, also knows as people making patterns with no rhythmical meaning whatsoever, going into huge shimmer reverbs. :joy:

1 Like

I enjoyed this too. Good job!