Music Production Tips/Tricks/Bits of Kit

Interesting?

1 Like

Hi all,

I’ve got a TB03 but for the life of me cant get the fucker to talk to my mac properly…

It vaguely sees it, but in no meaningful sense - ie it’ll output system audio thru it but not any lovely acid sounds that are synced in time

someone throw me a frikkin bone here

The Behringer one? I couldn’t get mine to sync with Ableton/Mac.

The Roland one… quite frustrating.

I’m sure there’s something simple I’m not doing.

It was a pain in the arse getting the Behringer one to sync and I had the same issue.

Will have a look when I get home and post back.

Have you downloaded the software for the TD3?

Pretty sure that was how I solved it

1 Like

You’re using Studio One, yes? Are these any help?

1 Like

I did yeah. I can swap patterns between mac and the unit but I could never get it to play in time with the Ableton clock. Ended up going back to the ABL3 plugin which I kinda prefer. Much easier.

1 Like

Top man… that’s really nice of you.

I did come across the first link you sent already… it didn’t really help :rofl:

I’ll check the others when I’ve got less time :weary:

1 Like

Pleasure!

Get yourself on the Studio One subreddit. Always lots of help available on there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StudioOne/

I did eventually get it sorted so it uses Ableton as master clock. Will have a look later.

Not got my gear in front of me, but I found the solution in this Reddit thread:

Just incase you fancy a bit of knob twiddling one day.

I do most of the sequencing using the Behringer software tbh, but enjoy tweaking things ‘live’ using the TD3.

1 Like

Ooo nice one, much appreciated. Hadn’t seen this post. Will try this out.

Ahh, track delay compensation in Ableton. Pretty sure that’s what the problem was.

Have you installed the driver? Edit. See you’ve got it sorted now :+1:

As said - it vaguely works - driver is loaded.
the software I’m using must need an obscure setup.

Dunno.

Free Bitwig 8 Track license from Computer Music magazine:

https://futureplc.slgnt.eu/optiext/optiextension.dll?ID=PbkPkgSxBj%2BFMGgdXiv3p3XkDYyA4VDAQDD8nyVGK5Fb9BW5yyvaVqouW4EluGxydIioemaldZBNf64KbS

3 Likes

I love Bitwig. The grid is completely awesome, I use it with 32ch of cv outs to my eurorack setup, so much fun. I’m still learning it though after switching from Ableton.

I used to use C-Lab Creator on an Atari with 6 midi outs driving a small hardware setup. Made my best and most successful tracks with that, a Korg M3r, Yamaha TX81Z, alpha Juno 2 with PG200 and of course a sampler. The ultimate buzz was walking down Oldham St on a Saturday morning hearing my wl blasting out of Eastern Bloc on repeat.

Anyway, yes I totally agree, as mentioned already up thread, having too many choices is definitely not good for finishing tunes. Limitations are good.

@dom_moir good to see you’re still at it mate after all these years. I haven’t seen you since one night in 91 in a big house on the Thames that used to belong to Diana Doors! :wink:

As an aside, any TPers looking to collab? Music production is such a solitary endeavor and I really miss working with like minded folk.

4 Likes

not sure i’d say I’m ‘at it’ as such - more dipping my elbow gently in out of the musical bath to se if it’s still hot enough :slight_smile:

Apologies - the '91 Diana Dors incident rings no bells sadly… I wish it did!
Can you embellish at all?
Sounds like a Good Time™

The Prince family household. I’m pretty sure you were there along with Nick GB.

Apologies for derailing the thread, my bad.