Most expensive record in your collection?

Just been looking through my collection on Discogs & noticed that mine is the 7" version of Roots Manuva’s ‘Witness’ on Big Dada, there is currently one for sale & it’s going for £99.99, my collection is pretty modest though.

1 Like

I’ve got quite a number that range in the £40-£80 mark but the most expensive currently seems to be £130.36 for Tenor Saw - Ring The Alarm on orange vinyl - Tenor Saw – Ring The Alarm (2010, Orange, Vinyl) - Discogs

On the flip side cheapest seems to be the 7 inch of Fern Kinney’s ‘Baby Let Me Kiss You’ at the grand total of 7p. Looks like I got ripped off for the 50p I paid for it in a Scarborough charity shop. Fern Kinney – Together We Are Beautiful (1980, Solid Centre, Vinyl) - Discogs

5 Likes

Classic track, not got a copy unfortunately lol, i’ve not added my reggae 45s to my Discogs collection yet, need to get around to that.
I’ll have to check out my cheapest as well lol

Even at 7p it’s a great tune!

2 Likes

Mine is mint so I’m gonna guess it’s this :dizzy_face:‍:dizzy:

1 Like

Well this has surprised me, I thought it would be Chill Out or one of the Traumprinz albums I have. But apparently someone paid £499 for this!

5 Likes

I guess the most expensicve record in my collection is this:

I cant find any price that it has previously sold for but I have had several unsolicited offers of around the $400 if Id be happy to sell it, which Im not as I like the Black Belt Jones track and have memories of finding the record in Tokyo.

Most of the records in my collection are in the £1-4 price bracet.

5 Likes

Love that record, first heard Questlove play it when he was doing the Gilles Petersen show in the early naughts, apparently it’s a childhood fave of his, i got a copy on 7" from some charity shop years ago.
Mad price that, has someone put the decimal point in the wrong place?

1 Like

Great cover

1 Like

Remixed With Love By Joey Negro - 2014 RSD - looks a bit pricey now @ £200+

Might have to sell it on eh?

2 Likes

A 7” promo of Don’t You Know by Jan Hammer Group. Not the best copy but probably somewhere between £50 - £100. Picked it up for $13 a few years back.

2 Likes

I’ve a modest collection as well, but always interesting to see what people reach out to trade or sell (hello Blackdisco edits) but these are the current top two according to the 'cogs:

2 Likes

Had that Washed Out EP on CD but it’s now long gone, still got my copy of Substance though but again on CD not original press vinyl.

1 Like

According to discogs it’s the Psyche EP on Optimo, I bought 2 copies when it came out, belting record.

2 Likes

Retired afterhours dj offered entire collection for 1€ a piece and there it sat among the trance cack: mint copy of Daft Punk Homework.

This is wierd too

3 Likes

Sasha and Digweeds northern exposure 4 disc vinyl seems to be worth a couple of quid, although I will admit the cover on mine is far from perfect. Absolute blinder of a mix and the last good thing they did. By volume 2 I think they had disappeared to boring corner.

A copy of grace Jones hurricane dub is also a bit special and again one of my favourites. Would love to get a copy of the original hurricane vinyl released by the vinyl factory but that’s living in a dreamworld, need to wait and hope for a repress.

4 Likes

I also have that Joe Jackson one, but i doubt it is worth £500. It’s not even the pressing with the open drums at the start, it just fades in annoyingly. I used to have to use the 7" to mix in and then mix the 12" into it.

Weird that the Nuyorican Soul thing is the most expensive thing in my collection (maybe there’s something else i haven’t added to my discogs collection that will pip it) especially seeing as i put it together from finding all the different 12s in different charity shops over the past few decades.

3 Likes

I’m not surprised that DOOM/Dilla’s stuff has grown in value since their deaths, but that Rebtuz thing - eh?

6 Likes

I only ever got round to cataloguing the 7"s but here’s the top 4. The LPs and 12"s are joining me again soon as my mate in Lisbon is moving house and I’m losing my storage, so it might well be time to finally catalogue then as well as continue the thinning out. The most expensive 12" todate was this Alicia Keys accapella Mala threw over a simple dubstep riddim. I flogged it for 250quid. It was nice but not that nice, but was obviously a dubstep end of night classic.

4 Likes

There’s one copy for sale currently, listed at nearly £380 :flushed: