Modded or mid-price rotary mixers

Great channel to follow for mixer teardowns is

You get an experts eye looking at mixer components and architecture. Let’s see if some of those ridiculous prices are justified

12 Likes

In the end, they had the Pioneer mixer in place. So no review is possible…

The venue is indeed lovely and it was nice talking to Linkwood. Top man and a great DJ!

3 Likes

Ahh this is just what I need. I have a soundsystem and we play a very eclectic mix of styles including a lot of older 70’s stuff. tunes that really lack the bottom end. We can eq the mixer to a degree but you’re never really gonna push just the bass sound up by much without general muddying. With this system we could have a lot more control of that.

1 Like

At last someone showing circuits with bench harmonic tests. If this series continues it may make some of us who paid lots for our rotaries a bit uncomfortable. I slightly upgraded my Omnitronic and now I feel it sounds nicer or equal in quality to the Condesa Lucia.

1 Like

Yeah, if he gets his hands on a MS Radius, i expect to be feeling pretty stupid. Could you share what upgrades you made to your omni? Very interested to hear about it.

I upgraded the main caps on the power supply board and channel boards with Elna caps. It just removed the slightly edgy feel it had before., which was the only real flaw as far as I see it.

2 Likes

Mastersounds Radius MKII…

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cz8v-TZogwu/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

1 Like

At least the iso is horizontal now, which is a good improvement IMO.

1 Like

Why don’t they make them longer? At least the same size/length as a technic. Just looks really cramped

Still a characterless, sorry, “transparent”, ISO. Such a shame!

1 Like

Yeah, not for me either.

Just seen this B stock Ecler on Juno. I’d be tempted if I was in the market.

4 Likes

Sometimes I’m glad I don’t live in the northern hemisphere or I’d be homeless by now.

I’m def getting one of those…

4 Likes

I’ve got the Warm2, it’s a beauty!

4 Likes

This is mine and it will never leave me ever

Rane MP2016a and XP2016a

These are quite hard to find now

13 Likes

Gorgeous bit of kit that. What a stunner.

2 Likes

I own this one for six years

It’s not quite rotary in the classic sense, because there are no isolators on the master. But, the eq and filters are simply stunning. The sound is also amazing, especially when playing vinyl. It’s a bit pricey, but it’s a long term investment.

I have used similar producsts from Rane (didn’t like as much), Master Sounds was very close to this and Taula is nice, but not quite like the Formula Sound.

7 Likes

Pioneer getting in the rotary game.

5 Likes

Came here to see if anyone had brought this up - I’m curious about people’s impressions?

Not exactly mid price.

2 Likes