Memories of the Chill Out Room?

I remember going to Megatripolis at Heaven early doors and thinking it was perfectly acceptable to skin up and smoke there…was removed by bouncer within about 3 minutes of getting in there… :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Maybe it was just C.U.E. djing - I remember seeing “gardening club” signage and someone playing live with their DJ set, I want to say Jonah but it was in 1994/5? Fun times in the city.

1 Like

World unknown had a chill out room at some of their parties which was always good for woooshy sit down! Met some great people in there.

1 Like

Hilarious story. Made my morning.

1 Like

Amazing ! Surely the king of the chill

6 Likes

Did anyone go to Rob da Banks Sunday Best sessions in Clapham / London around '95 onwards?

3 Likes

Yeah went loads it was a lot of fun. Some of them were far from chill out though. Think the most relaxing one I want to was Atlas records and Weatherall

1 Like

Must be something in the air. Just saw this on The Idler. Inspired by this thread perhaps :thinking:

4 Likes

Sounds excellent, that’s not a bad line up for 99p on a Sunday night…

1 Like

Hare Krishna tent at Glastonbury was always a winner, i remember raving it up to the Sugar Lump soundsystem all night and spending most the next day in the Hare Krishna tent chilling. It still there every year? Be cracking to have them set up at a chill out tent fest.

2 Likes

Fond memories of seeing Harvey playing this
Moments And Whatnauts - Girls - YouTube

2 Likes

I played at the Tearoom Des Artistes yes. one with Wamdue Kids and the other one with Harvey?

2 Likes

here is my set from XS club Frankfurt Mixcloud

2 Likes

Club UK. Wandsworth. Early 90s. You’ll never believe who was playing (yes it was Mixmaster Morris). The chill out room was for people who were too high right? That’s where all the Vicks and wonky conversation was.

4 Likes

I remember the Gardening Club in Covent Garden London. On the site of where The Apple Store is today. Seems perverse every time I walk past.

I went to a few of those. Great events. I remember getting everyones names wrong a lot, so must have been good.

Me and Mison did that one. I remember they were pretty good at paying too. Nice folk.

2 Likes

Bloody Hell, there was a chill out room? I can just about remember the big room, the second big room and the bit near the loo’s where The Dust(Chem) Brothers and Justin Robertson type stuff was.

2 Likes

Last time I went they were there, weirdly my parents got into the Hare Krishna community in Birmingham (long story) and they were regular attendees to curtan celebrations for a good while. A while back I was sat in my parents car with my mom in the front, she asked me innocently about their regular attendance at Glastonbury, I mentioned that I had been in the tent to her a few times and also commented on the space cadets I had seen who were having a breather from it all.

A few minutes later whilst she has scanned YouTube to find out more she finds a link of me, my partner and my eldest brother dancing in the same tent on the Thursday night after a very heavy day on the session. The embarrassment and her confusion was an interesting explanation.

1 Like