In Memoriam…

My mate has the original white and that is just the acca over Your Love - moans in the background and all that.
The commercially released one sounds a lot better which isnt often the case with bootlegs that got signed as they often had to be resung

1 Like

MC Duke.
I loved that late 80s/early 90s British Hip Hop scene, Duke, London Posse, Demon Boyz, MC Mello, Hijack, Silver Bullet…

8 Likes

I had this album when I was like 13 or something. I was a mad hip hop fan after the whole electro scene. Seemed like a logical step in the UK to young ears… Well when you heard Public Enemy for the first time the doors opened and sound was never the same. The UK had a strong hip hop scene at this time and the DMC scratch stuff was kicking off on TV. A super positive time for british hip hop. Duke seemed pretty out there : )

6 Likes

I had this - an absolute banger! Very much fitted in with the early Dust Brothers/Chemical Brothers stuff.

7 Likes

Think the rave movement and the various genres it branched off into killed off the scene early unfortunately, think a lot of the players and fan base went off into the hardcore/early Jungle scene.

3 Likes

Vivid memories of ineptly trying to cut up the ‘Jack the Ripper’ bit from I’m Riffin’

Formative stuff when I was first getting into DJing, alongside Caveman, Blade and Hijack.

3 Likes

Loved Hijack, they rocked the Blow Your Head sample as good as PE on this one

8 Likes

RIP Frank Field. The Today programme this morning played the speech he made in 2017, where he re-counted talking a man out of suicide at his surgery, and went on to detail the utter poverty of some of his constituents. Brought a tear to my eye.

EDIT. In fact the Today programme played the clip that’s in the Guardian link below

10 Likes

Me, Paul aka Regal and Paul Mudd Murphy at a backyard bbq many moons ago.

Sad news today that Paul Eve aka Regal of The Wiseguys, Bronx Dogs and a million other projects has passed away. I didn’t know Paul as well as some of my mates did but he was a kind, giving soul and a true gentleman. One of the good guys.

20 Likes

MC Conrad. Just saw a post on Facebook - I hope this one is fake news

Edit:

MC Conrad Has Died | News | Clash Magazine Music News, Reviews & Interviews.

5 Likes

Very sad, definitely a unique talent.

Used to see Conrad and Bukem all the time in the backroom at Leadmills.

1 Like

Sad news indeed. I was at the Bukem/Conrad instore at Catapult in Cardiff around 97, they were stunning.

RIP.

1. Jesus.

Very sad news. A fellow Oxford boy - and tne same age, which is no age at all…:persevere:

RIP

Sad news about Conrad. One of the best to do it and completely unique.

This always gives me goosebumps

3 Likes

Very sad - been a while but I’m blissed out to this one at the moment

2 Likes

Brian Mc Cardie RIP, what an actor he was

2 Likes

Fucking hell. PFM The Western feat Conrad is the greatest D&B record of all time IMO

7 Likes

Vey sad about Conrad. This mix was always my favourite Bukem / Condrad combo (and an incredible d&b mix)

3 Likes

Ah, no way. Him and Bukem’s Essential mix from 1996 is still one of my all-timers.

I’ve listened to this hundreds of times.

It still sounds like the future.

5 Likes