In Memoriam…

Tommy Mack

2 Likes

What a character…

The comments are good on this…

8 Likes

Richard Serra - a giant, just like his sculptures. If you ever get the chance to get lost in one, it’s a real experience. RIP

10 Likes

There’s one of his pieces in the international departures area in Terminal 1 of Toronto airport. Immediately recognizable from your pic.

I love going through it and seeing other’s reactions to it. Always a pleasure; every time.

2 Likes

Saw his big installation in Bilbao last year at the Guggenheim, enthralling and sometimes claustrophobic experience. Sad to hear RIP.

1 Like

Ahhhhhhhh mate!

I love Serra and love his work.

He lost his mother to suicide like me and talked about never getting over it - always struck a chord. I’m very glad to have experienced his work.

7 Likes

So Anna Friel was here for Vince"s funeral last week, I don’t know what the connection was but she came back to the local pub and even sang with the house band :green_heart:

John Sinclair, ex MC5 manager, weed activist and counterculture figure dies at 82 in Detroit

2 Likes

A very good profile on Mr. Serra in the New Yorker in 2002, which IMHO captures well this complex and complicated artist.

4 Likes

Keith Leblanc

11 Likes

a wholly unique drummer, one of my favorites growing up.

3 Likes

RIP Keith.

1 Like

Crazy to think how many amazing and inflential records he had a hand in. Big loss.

3 Likes

Patti Astor

6 Likes

RIP Eren Abdullah. Creator of arguably one of the most popular crossover edits of all time.

22 Likes

Even if this had been the only thing he had done, it was a galvanised classic and cultural tide line.

4 Likes

First song at our wedding, always has a special place in my heart

3 Likes

Strange i never even really knew anything about who made this record

Playing out regularly from around 2001 - 2012ish i played this in so many different places and it always got a reaction. Absolutely never failed, ever.

Went through 2 or 3 copies too.

Indeed. Brilliant DJ too!

Eren used to actually play the og copies of Candi and Frankie as a mix. I think it was John Truelove aka The Source, who actually created the 12". Not sure if Eren actually made any dosh from it though?

1 Like