In Memoriam…

Love nightflight to venus! Their best imo :slightly_smiling_face:

100%. It rocked so many of my parents parties in the 70’s.

1 Like

Can’t believe my local Carrefour (supermarket) use Daddy Cool as their instore jingle. :notes: Carre… Carre four. So wrong.

Another fave was Ma Baker. killer tune

3 Likes

Written by Farian along with along with George Reyam and Fred Jay, the song gives a miniature history lesson on the mystical healer and adviser to the family [of] Nicholas II, the last emperor, including contemporary rumours that he was a “lover of the Russian queen” and “Russia’s greatest love machine”.

:skull:

My wife grew up in the Soviet Union & they had all the Boney M records - absolutely massive in Russia.

5 Likes

Another House pioneer gone…

2 Likes

Modern Talking records as well, I presume.
Both groups massive in (North) Vietnam too.
Played everywhere, particularly during Tet, which is just around the corner - can’t wait :smile:

2 Likes

Don’t you know it! They had all the Modern Talking records, blue labels on USSR Melodiya absolutely classic.

1 Like

Melanie :disappointed:

2 Likes

Ahh Melanie too.

1 Like

Pluto Shervington last week

3 Likes

My Mrs is so upset at Melanie passing :disappointed: she only heard it tonight as she doesn’t do the SM and is doing a sweat lodge tomorrow for a friends anniversary that has been on her mind for weeks. Hopefully all goes to plan :pray:.

Michael Watford

4 Likes

Saddened to hear of passing of Aida Rihan. Some of you might remember her. Used to see her at just about every party in East London, instantly recognisable with the most amazing hair. Would always stop and have a chat and chuckle. Taken way, way too young RIP

3 Likes

Carl Weathers aka Apollo Creed, a big part of a lot of 80’s kid’s childhood.

12 Likes

He was one of the best parts of the Mandalorian, more recently. And a hilarious (!) cameo bit on Arrested Development. RIP

6 Likes

Awesome. What a man.

1 Like

Wayne Kramer of the MC5. What a man and what a band.

8 Likes

One of those weeks…Family Man Barrett

4 Likes

Total wanker, ripped off his bandmates and anyone else he could, ruined their legacy IMO

I wouldn’t know, he did a lot of good for ex prisoners and turned his life around from very severe addiction.