In Memoriam…

Yes I think so too. If it were a car crash I think they would have shared cause of death.

2 Likes

Marlena Shaw has passed

14 Likes

How sad , what a voice.

1 Like

Excuse my naive question but which drugs are being cut with fentynal? Heroin? Or K/coke too?

3 Likes

I think in the states it could be anything. Definitely Coke.

4 Likes

Terrifying

2 Likes

Yeah, they recommend all users carry Naloxone now as you can’t trust any street drugs over there.

3 Likes

A freind from another local party crew had a son in his twenties who died after taking what he believed to be ecstasy in New york turned out to be fentanyl. Absolutely tragic and terrifying for anyone with kids growing up and starting to experiment.

4 Likes

Frightening, usually it is mix contamination from the labs in Mexico but hearing it being mixed into other drugs I think there would be a lot more high profile deaths in America. Either way it is very scary that a tiny bit of it is enough to kill a person…

2 Likes

I assumed Heroin because that’s the only thing I’ve heard it connected with, but was puzzled by that choice tbh

1 Like

it’s everywhere right now - i can’t name anyone who hasn’t lost a friend or family member to fentanyl.

and it’s in everything but weed, as far as i can tell. it’s so cheap and plentiful that anything that could be cut with it is. the days of spontaneously deciding to do a little whatever at a party are over - anyone who doesn’t want to die needs to fully test all the gear and carry narcan to protect their friends. i’m glad i’m old enough that it doesn’t sound appealing anymore, because the risks are just too great.

my wife’s cousin was in a band with luis vasquez (who, based on what i’m hearing, was with juan and simone). poor dude also lost close friends in the ghost ship fire.

7 Likes

listen up… don’t take anything from now on … unless you’ve picked em and dried em.up within the last 2 year
3 or more.
. please.
be careful .

there’s a war going on.
it won’t be on t.v.

X

1 Like

It has replaced heroin here and is in nearly everything. I wouldn’t touch coke with a ten-foot pole these days. My friend’s husband wrote this story just before the pandemic. Nearly everybody knows someone who has got a hot batch/pill/etc. horrible.

3 Likes

What a minefield, horrendous.

So if it’s contaminated product, then testing might not pick up odd bit surely, seeing as a tiny bit can kill you seems testing could be hit and miss?

If it’s purposely added then surely that is a whole different kettle of fish, who would do that and not think you’re going to kill someone?

All so tragic. Very sad.

4 Likes

Here’s a few test results off drugsdata of usually $10 baggies all sold as dope some have traces of Coke as well as many other ingredients… I have never seen a bag tested and sold as Coke come back with fentenl in it or any ecstasy pills tested either. Not saying it hasn’t happened.

4 Likes

In New England it’s not uncommon for doctors to start telling parents of middle schoolers to buy Naloxone for their kids and show them how to use it.

6 Likes

Music journo Neil Kulkarni. I only knew him for his reviews in the Wire but he had a long history writing for the likes of Melody Maker and DJ Mag. Sad news.

5 Likes

Was very sad to hear, been reading his work for years.

3 Likes

Frank Farian has departed. Some great records even if all was not as it seemed

3 Likes

Banger.

5 Likes