In Memoriam…

What an incredible life story. Used to sometimes tune into her breaks show late at night 20 years ago. She was so passionate about it all

6 Likes

Yeah me too, her show used to come on after the Essential Mix, never knew her back story then though, her enthusiasm for the music was genuine. R.I.P.

5 Likes

She used to love flowered up weekender

A sad loss indeed :disappointed:

Rest in peace Annie x

3 Likes

83… bloody hell!

Being so passionate about something right up to the end and remaining current in the industry you work in must be so rare.

How are the Nu Skool Breakz community taking it?

1 Like

was never into the breaks scene although a flatmate was, he used to go to mass in brixton i think. I did hear one or two bits I liked via her show, that you would never hear anywhere else. Lots of bootlegs of house/nu-electro/rnb tracks that somehow made their way to berwick street. I quite liked some of the adam freeland tracks she played and one or two other darker bits that made sense at 3am. to my knowledge she might have been the only person on radio really championing it, which is so gloriously eccentric bbc

2 Likes

6 Likes

I remember thinking she was ancient when I listened to her show in the late 80s. She was younger then than I am now :frowning:

12 Likes

Absolute legend, she’s been a part of my whole life

2 Likes

Oh wow, very upsetting. She was a genuine “one of us” music enthusiast, and from what I can tell a real great lady.

5 Likes

Can only echo others, she was fucking epic. RIP Annie.

4 Likes

Sad news. House of St Barnabus is no more

4 Likes

Shame. Had a few fun nights in there.

Only just heard that Terry Farley lost his wife Sue last month. How totally heartbreaking.

13 Likes
1 Like

You can tell they had something special as the Soulboyssoulgirls insta page often post pictures with them together in the 70s!

4 Likes
4 Likes

Apparently 2 others died at the same time. Must’ve been an accident. Sad…

2 Likes

Wasn’t his partner killed also?

1 Like

Yes not much more about it but sounds like a tragic accident,3 died…

1 Like

Could be drug realated. Seeing lots of mentions of Fentanyl everywhere.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Berghain_Community/comments/19ahcef/silent_servant_has_passed_away_rip/

2 Likes