If you could sit in on one album being made - what would it be?

What recording, producing or making of an album would you have loved to have observed in the studio ?

1 Like

Happy Mondays - Yes Please, was the best bit of that Chris Frantz book

5 Likes

Massive Attack - “Blue Lines”.

That would be amazing!

3 Likes

Reminds me of

Now 13? The Best of the Beatles? :joy:

Fleetwood Mac seemed to have an interesting time in the studio. Rumours or Tusk maybe. Guaranteed a bit of everything I reckon.

The La’s. I will still be sitting there now according to Lee Mavers

First thing that came to mind was The Velvet Underground White Light/White Heat, purely for Lady Godiva’s Operation and Sister Ray. To have been around for those sessions would have been Incredible

1 Like

UFOrb

3 Likes

Exile On Main Street
Early 70s, Stones at their peak, South Of France
:ok_hand:

2 Likes

QOTSA Songs For The Deaf

Lust For Life or Heroes. Imagine the scenes Bowie and Iggy Pop got up to in the studio together ha

1 Like

I would have liked to be hanging out with Rinder and Lewis when they did Seven Deadly Sins.

1 Like

Would have been interesting to sit in on some of Lee Perry’s Black Ark sessions for sure. Just keep your hands off his rubber balls…

3 Likes

90s nerd here but the Beatsies Check your Head sessions would be it for me.

3 Likes

New Order - Technique

Knock out ‘Fine Time’ in the afternoon then a jolly to Amnesia of an evening

11 Likes

Yep, hanging out at G Son studios with the whole BB crew would have been fun.
Looks like they had a great time making Paul’s Boutique as well.

4 Likes

Alexander “Skip” Spence - Oar

2 Likes

Part of me wants to say something like Trout Mask Replica, but personally it’d be really hard to top being able to watch Phil Elverum put together this all-analog masterpiece:

A Love Supreme. Just to be in the room witnessing them make that music would be incredible.

Another one I’d love to have witnessed is Bjork’s “Homogenic”

3 Likes

Enter the 36 Chambers. Such raw rugged energy and bedroom style recording with some of the best MCs to ever hold a mic.

2 Likes