How old is everyone?

:laughing: feel like I’ve already climbed ten times that

1 Like

Breakfast - Dear Breakfast is excellent

Drink - gotta have a Ginghinja. Ginghinja Sem Rival is the original and best

We’ve done two walking tours with Sandemans, both excellent to get a real sense of the history of the place. They’re free and you tip the guide what you think it was worth. Guides are local and very knowledgeable.

Music wise, no recommendations, we’ve spent our time meandering the little streets and numerous bars. It’s extremely hilly but so many places to stop, have a drink and chat with the locals or other tourists.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we are!

3 Likes

Acaso on Ria Do Merca Tudo is very good for food

1 Like

I’m fortyfuckingeight goddamn it :frowning:

3 Likes

Thank you :pray:, I’ll dig out my list of proposed visitations later, been researching for a good while as we haven’t been away for yonks. Might be of inspiration if you’re still there?

There’s also this :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ve already been pestering folk in there :rofl:

3 Likes

Thanks Gavin but we’re back home now :unamused:

1 Like

snap! we’re heading there next Friday 3rd for a stopover then on to Madeira for a few days

1 Like

Soz laid up with stinking cold completely forgot! Hope you had a blast.

Nice, we’re off Monday, can’t bleddy wait.

Enjoy!

1 Like

I’m 46 for another week…

4 Likes

50 (very hot right now)

2 Likes

After last night I feel 10 years older…:face_with_head_bandage:

3 Likes

51 :sleepy: Weird how it creeps up on you.

1 Like

I turned 51 on May 9th. The fire is still burning :fire:

2 Likes

May I just say that everyone on this forum is a diamond . I mean that. Really lovely people; kind, gentle , funny with amazing music taste and knowledge

23 Likes

49 is imminent. Half a century next year. :scream:

I turned 50 last September.
I milked it as much as a middle aged married dad could - a long weekend in Berlin (also celebrating a 10th wedding anniversary but it all counts!), a sojourn to We Out Here, another weekend away from the kids whilst my wife booked us into the floating hotel in Greenwich, the obligatory party which I resisted against for so long but ended up having a right gas at and a 5.30am finish (kids were kind and let me and the missus have a lie in… sort of).

And now it’s all over… not exactly living the rest of my life like a schnook but a long way to go until I get that level of attention again!

5 Likes