House Of The Rising Sun - The Japanese House Music Thread

Sorry everyone, I’m not particularly creative with the thread titles but I’ve been wanting to start this one for a while. I’ve been deep into Japanese house over the past few years but it seems all the time I’m surprised by something I’ve not heard before.

Anything goes, as long as it’s on the housier side of things - from the giants like Soichi Terada, Satoshi Tomiie and Shinichiro Yokota, to lesser known producers.

I’d like to try to keep this housey rather than City-Poppy, just because I think there’s a whole wealth of amazing stuff in the house idiom coming from Japan just like the City Pop stuff that gets more hipster cred.

I’ll add some more as we go, but to get things going, here’s a few I like, starting with Terada’s latest:

One of my favorites. There’s an extended version too, but I think the original is fine enough:

Sleeper Morales mix:

Shinichiro always makes me smile:

Something a little different:

And to finish, something by some guy called Sakamoto:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0aX2cUlaFQ

14 Likes

Takashige Miyawaki does some really nice stuff.

2 Likes

I’m far from an expert in this field but here’s something I bought after hearing it on a Luke Una show.

Slow Didi/Follow Me.

Kuniyuki is one of the best in the business

5 Likes

big fan of Wata Igarashi too

1 Like
1 Like

And my favourite of them all. One of those producers who I just buy his records without even listening first

3 Likes

Love a bit of Powder!

2 Likes
3 Likes

Little Big Bee "77 Ways Of Love"on Flower, lovely with the sun out.

1 Like

Thanks everyone, keep em coming!

Susumu Yokota was a genius, he’s recorded so much great music in different genres. Here’s his housiest record which includes a very year 2000 cover of Could Heaven Ever Be Like This:

3 Likes

Another sleeper:

2 Likes

Long and pretty:

3 Likes

Whoa that’s some heatttttt!

1 Like

And what a class dj she is too.

1 Like

Instrumental version is my pick :relaxed:

1 Like

Absolute perfection