Have you watched any online DJ sets?

Exactly, he is the glorious exception… i don’t get it either. My inner cynic reckons a lot of it’s about keeping the ‘brand’ alive, and pitched at a 20/30s crowd weaned on visual festie/stage culture and not those who remember dark rooms

1 Like

Same - I’d rather watch paint dry!

1 Like

Nina in her bed room on mute

1 Like

Nina still living at her Mum and Dads? Proper teenage bedroom vibes going on. You’d think with all her plague rave £££ she would have moved out. Proper sad case, and her mate Peg. Divs.

3 Likes

Ah man… First track is driving me mad. I’ve got it but can’t remember it. ID please.

2 Likes

Didn’t know she was one of the plague djs :rage: thought it was just all those scarf wearing wealthy Instagramer storytelling ravers and the up in the clouds djs that play to them in fake jungle settings were doing all that nonsense…

1 Like

Yes the FK stuff has been brilliant… His Jose padilla one was a big surprise

“Watch” is only a byproduct of our obsession with the moving image. I’m not sure if Paul was specifically asking about actively watching (as in looking with intention) or just passively (listening with the video on). I agree there’s not much to see, and as someone who recorded/broadcasted one or two “live” sets during these times, it’s not thrilling to be on the other side of the camera either, but sometimes having video gets more people to listen than just uploading a set. For the last one I did, I tried to at least make the surroundings interesting (a garden inside a famous modernist house here in São Paulo) but yeah, seeing myself play and even dance a little is a bit silly. On the other hand, it was kind of fun, too. Not a dark room with a great crowd fun, but a nice thing to do on a saturday afternoon in lockdown fun. They will never be comparable.

5 Likes

Been listening in each week to Bill Brewster at home on a Saturday night on 16Loop, as others have said its more of a listen than a watch, but it’s live for 4 hours and needless to say its bang on the money every week

3 Likes

think i’ll listen/watch this, tonight.

3 Likes

watched this last night while cooking a curry, excellent, thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVWq2GlahEE

Hi. Glad to be here. I really enjoyed Mark from Khurangbin’s set last August. He used a 4 track and some OTO Bim and Bam machines for extra warmth. Nice visuals as well.

2 Likes

Since this all (Pandemic) began last March, ive seen a few, but best of the bunch for me has to be Artwork’s one for Defected’s/Glitterbox virtual festival for me…entertaining set (we are watching/listening to this at home whilst doing chores etc, not spaced out on a dance floor). He’s non-cheesy background visuals helped alot as well…took me back to nights spent in the mid 80s at Flicks in Dartford with Colin Hudd & John Rush…but thats another subject.

https://youtu.be/J_8pyeOOVxs

Joey Negro played a really good set. Lots of classic put together very well.

1 Like

Missed that one, will have a search :+1:

Quite a few, In fact probably too many to mention, one I go back to though is Kate Miller Boiler Room at Sugar Mountain, deep techno and electro, lovely, also - although nor strictly DJ, is Kink Boiler Room Russia.

Jose at Potato Head, Bali, great tunes

1 Like

Jose at Potato Head is one I come back to a lot.

1 Like

Ron Trent did a good one in lockdown 1. The take away visual was a lava lamp next to his decks.

2 Likes

Tomorrow at 4PM GMT-3 Trepanado will be playing a Selvagem Carnaval set on instagram and I think Twitch, @festaselvagem. I highly recommend it if you’re up for some good music.

Really enjoyed this, also playing Strobelight honey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94Y0OoCNIHY