Hauls Found Today

Very happy to find these four in Bromley Oxfam this morning. £4.99 each, so not quite the £1 charity shop bargains of yesteryear, but still cheap. It’s so rare to see any interesting records in UK charity shops these days, could not leave these behind!

8 Likes

100 percent could not leave these, I shall have these on my lists now

1 Like

Up since six, drove an 100 mile orbit around the area to three boots and this was it.
Plus a dreadful record fair, at least they used to have bargain bins full of Salsoul and Prelude.

edit added…if it helps to potential newbie diggers, these were nestled in the box of easy listening junk. They look new.

Like Ken Bruce on a Radio 2 Dream Mega mix, here we go…

They look minty and for £10 the lot, wouldn’t you?

3 Likes

From record fairs and record shops. Loads of stuff that wasn’t tired old rock and a bit of banter with fans of boogie to early hardcore rave stuff.

Only ruined by a set of terrible DJ’s that sounded like a clock radio but at 130db. If in doubt make it louder than the last, ffs.

Some of these are blind and totally random guesses. I edited two out for those of nervous disposition.

A few bargains and some standard bargain bin prices. Mostly for £1 and £2. The Willie Colon is mint and was £5!

Balearic bookend list on purpose. The Prince is going on in a bit, don’t think that will fly on YouTube for legal reasons.

Just edited in a synth pop extended monster from the Stranglers.

https://www.discogs.com/release/429078-Willie-Colón-Set-Fire-To-Me

4 Likes

The Waterboys reminds me of long drives as a kid. Always makes me smile. I’d probably have squealed if I saw it in a bin.

2 Likes

The Waterboys was a £1 as was the Prince. The former is well loved but still plays well.

I used to not care for it, but totally get it now.

I did the grab it quick and pile some other records on top in case anybody else spotted it. There may have been an ooh and ahh!

It may not be worth a lot, but it was so much in my head list.

Spent £15 total from two shops today. It’s bit of a trek out in the car but I live in the centre of poverty, so all points on the compass take me somewhere more affluent.

I’ve been looking for a copy of Dream Beam by Hypnotone, this ‘yu yu’ isn’t as good.
Yello was priced at a mere £3.
London Town was missed and is part of the ultimate DJ collection from that time.
Silent Running for the synth sounds
Love and Kisses is Great and not exactly common to find
The last tune is damaged, some heavy pressure mark line causing a click , shame.
E23 was bought to appease the shop owner as I’m not buying enough, apparently.

Lucky weekend. To celebrate I spent a £10 on the Happy Mondays and £20 on the Blur…
Everything else mostly £1 or £2
Everthing unknown to me bought blind, so a few duds.

4 Likes

Today’s boot sale put me back in contact with a record dealer I’ve been communicating with. Judging by his Discogs he might be more mouth than trousers. Dug through a lot of crap, pulled out some not so interesting bits.
Also some from shops, a couple of priced things but the rest cheap.
King Sun-D Moet, Rhythm King and Mute records deliver an average electro hip hop release.
Rose Rouge has some value but I’m tired of it, the remixes maybe…
Ingram is a duplicate which I didn’t need.
Patrice Rushden is another I didn’t have, great record.
Pink Floyd was 10p from a shop. Went on Discogs, found a Japanese DJ promo pressing but it was £2.5k…
Deluxe is on the up street soul.
T-Jam was a sporting a ‘cover up’ on the B side of Linn drum type beats. What a pretentious a-hole?
Blame Howler and associates for the Betty Boo B side.

Found this today in a lot of 500 trance 12”s I bought off eBay. Daft Punk must have been aware given both the visuals and the music!

2 Likes

That’s beautiful! I want to live in what looks like Future Venice. This was a minor hit record across Europe…on the wants list now.
Cheers

Just editing again. This record is on Baby Records, that makes it ten times better my silly world. Can we get some Baby Records T shirts? What could be better than Baby Smoking a Cigar?
Do have a memory of making such a T shirt a long time ago. It’s not on Baby, but there are a load of his albums on Baby, anyway, back normal service.

Missed listing today’s reggae mini haul, but this is a nice one and worth a listen.

Everything was from free to near pocket money prices. The rain today has kept me away from the boot sales and the stench of Mayfair and burgers, so ultra sparse pickings.

I have the complete set of Depeche Mode and Bryan Ferry extended mixes now, well I rate them…
Ebony Rockers are a two record outfit with bass by Craig David’s father according to Discogs bio.

2 Likes

Just hit X Records in Bolton.

Not a bad spot. Got talking to the owner and he tells me they have a warehouse in the town with 2.5 million records!

You can go there, but it’s by appointment only and they can only do week days.

Will have to book a day off work!

Anyway, I got these 12s for £20. All in great nick:

Jackson Sisters- Miracles on Urban
Steve Silk Hurley - Jack your body on DJ Int
Raze - Jack the groove
Urban Soul - Alright Zanzibar mix
Less Stress - Don’t dream it’s over
Mary Jane girls - All night long
Prince- Sign o the times
Black Sheep - strobe light honey remixes

6 Likes

Nice work and a bargain, a few more records to bridge and that looks like a party!

I have a similar warehouse visit planned but money is a bit short at the moment, would be wanting to be blowing several hundred quid on my visit.

Some you may like, some you may not. £12 total spend.
The Bobby Konders mix isn’t house at all, not my thing, not on you tube.

https://www.discogs.com/release/310091-Mandré-Mandré
edit: thought the day was done and just got this Mandre cheap, on my wants list too

2 Likes

My pockets are less deep at the moment or I would be blowing as much money as needed to get whatever I liked. From various sources, £36 total which is on the high side for me.

Getting the longer John Luongo Blancmange mix on a import is pretty exciting nowadays as myself and fellow disco buyer/researcher used to select some of the greatest sounding pressings and this is most probably up there, so Danceteria or Fun House.

Hot-Wings isn’t on you tube, so that is odd. The Bridge is up my street, can be pitched down…

I love Living on the Ceiling

2 Likes