Hauls Found Today

Could still be worth revisiting. Did they have any of these:

Got a bit behind with the weekend hauls. Bought some top dollar overpriced stuff too, but here are the three for ten pounds or one pound each, from an unmanned record shop in my neighbourhood.
I love the Mike Oldfield record, no apologies. The ICL record has a family connection, certainly no holy grail library record.

1 Like

Any highlights, early 90’s breakbeat prior to drum and bass can be great?

Is the Odyssey really that hard to find in the UK? In the US every thrift/goodwill/record store that has a copy guaranteed. It’s them and Barbara Streisand records by the arm full, especially in California. They must have sold a metric ton of them. That and Five Special, every bin everywhere.

There are like buses. I did see another one the next week.
I’ve been spending some proper money recently on a few selections, so I hope those tunes don’t appear for a £1…

I like most genres featured on Test Pressing. If it’s made in the late 70s, 80s or early 90s and you can imagine it played in a disco or outside space where people got high, but nothing too banging.

I mostly buy records between 5 and 10 quid on Discogs but i like to buy several from same seller to save on postage. Used to buy lots more from Netherlands and Germany before import tax was invented a year or two ago.

I did try selling on Discogs years ago but now I just take a bag to charity every now and then.

Anyway, not after anything in particular, but you’ve got lots of good ones there so if you do start listing i would have a browse, that’s all.

3 Likes

Excellent :grinning:

3 Likes

Yeah great description @don_milano kind of sums it all up very nicely!

2 Likes

Is interesting what is hard to find in one region is so plentiful in others and vice versa.

Tony Humphries did say tell a story in records. Make the lyrics work etc.

Heinz Rudolf might be mailed off to a friend instead of that LFO record he was excited about…

1 Like

Where is that Reuben?

Am in Brighton myself…

Sussex Beacon by Preston Circus, happy hauling!

Cue stampede…

Well pleased with Beatsystem, will buy another, last two 50p each

2 Likes

so weird that that beatsystem is the same as this beatsystem

the experimental/ambient full lengths they did are intense.

2297 has an almost library record feel in places, new to me.

1 Like

Sloow reply sorry! It was a much more varied pick than i first thought but i was in a bit of a rush. Always been my favourite way to buy; look through a big bundle and follow your gut.
Size of hoover-age is dependant on price! Always discover new bits this way.
Serendipitous osmosis is the fancy way i describe it :joy:

2 Likes

That African Head Charge album has ‘no. don’t follow fashion’ on it which is :fire:

1 Like

Totally. Whole album is pretty interesting/engaging.

1 Like

I have a lot of love for ‘Pursuit’ too

2 Likes