Hauls Found Today

Little Discogs haul, about a tenner the lot

2 Likes

Love that T Connection song, memories of finding in on 7" in our local Oxfam record shop together with this other 99p banger 25 years ago or so.

3 Likes

Covid, exhaustion and upcoming poverty has delayed my hauls uploadā€¦I had to haggle upwards for this lot, comes out less than pound a go despite my efforts. Product is still on the street though, still not a load of 91 Italian deep house, apologies.

Some dodgy mixes of some dodgy pop disco along with some top disco classics. The Krivit edit is the newest record I own now.

Just an edit, ā€˜if you donā€™t know it buy itā€™ also ā€˜if you know itā€™s good, also buyā€™

5 Likes

Some top finds there

1 Like

Thanks reubenturner.

To add to the story, these were being sold by a causal dealer and lover of funk and disco. He bought these from somebody who went to a dealer to sell them and the dealer quoted ā€˜I will probably throw away the records and keep the sleevesā€™

The hate for these sort of records is still strong as ever, my gain.

2 Likes

Some nice bits there. Canā€™t remember the last time I bought anything close to a haul. Tends to be 3/4/5 at the most these days.

2 Likes

Quite a a lot of hard work today and last week for this lot. Could have stopped on the Punk thing as that will resell strongly. All random Ā£1 or less picks.
Some of these are strong for DJ use, a few well dodgy picks, I think the sun had got to me by lunchtimeā€¦

7 Likes

Iā€™d have been made up with the last three.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure I have numero uno in my folks house. I will have a look and you can have it no problemā€¦ :+1:

Acquisition of records melting in the Sunday sun. This week sees me delving into some manky looking late 90ā€™s and early 00 boxes of what looks like dross House and Hip Hop. I have left out the duds from pick as these donā€™t age well and are worthless.

A mere Ā£6 on the Harry J Album, not bad for VG plus, although no cover, these are only tools to me so donā€™t care.

I was not carrying a phone on my person. No Discogs cheating allowed.

2 Likes

Record fair today (those middle age men really suck the fun out of this) and record shops mostly 50p and Ā£1.

Worth a listen and seem to be reasonably in demand on that there ā€˜internetā€™, obviously below is despised across the country by ā€˜record collectorsā€™.

Fun Boy Three spins backs and goes into dub mode on extended mix, I canā€™t resist the bass at this point.

Another weekend of anticipation and moderate planning leaves me with this total. Hauling and digging must go back to a pound a go, as forty seven pounds was blown for this haul.

My local shop calls my buys ā€˜weird stuffā€™, not a huge amount of ā€˜weirdā€™ around at any price. Itā€™s been the all about the journey this week, far north and south for Bedfordshire country bumpkin like me.

Seven Grand Housing for piano, Happy Mondays duo for a fiver, Jose tune is good and cheap everywhere. Lloyd Cole Irresistible Force mix is the first ever remix by that team, a possible ā€˜is it Balearic?ā€™.
Sade is mint, Frankie Valli was cheap, Marvin Gaye cut on a German ā€˜Maxi 12ā€™ sounds amazing, hunt it down. Another Willie Colon as mine had one of those edge warps, old one free to somebody.

New Orderā€™s Synth Pop melancholy masterpiece has really cheered me up, bargain bin too.

https://www.discogs.com/release/429078-Willie-ColĆ³n-Set-Fire-To-Me

2 Likes

Sunday specific day dedicated to searching for hauls. Todays seller rule: ā€˜Elvis three pounds everything else one poundā€™. High end pricing of three and two pounds from some other sellers, but a reasonable haul of new records saved from melting.

There are some pretty interesting alternative dance floor sounds for the brave or Balearic.

I left tons of stuff behind as I have a lot of it, including a copy of Vangelis Spiral (which I now canā€™t see on my Discogs, off to the racks to check)

2 Likes

I you go to the street today (today being a Wednesday) you should find something like the below. Nothing special about my streets (you know my rough locations)

First record was Ā£20ā€¦cheating. The rest were Ā£1-ish.

I had a rare weekend of no digging, doing four hundred mile trip to collect ā€˜hardwareā€™.

There is a books worth of rare find stories my head, mostly of holy grail musical equipment and hardware. Havenā€™t got any choice nowadays but Iā€™m doing 30 hours a week on top with sidelines to bring in some extra income.

Industrial bass falls on the right side of pre hardcore. Vision has not been seen before. Brilliant mind is epic in extended format. Bjork is the reasonably sought after underworld mix and has been languishing in a shop for a year or more as I left it behind on other visits.

https://www.discogs.com/release/64847-Bjƶrk-Human-Behaviour

Just wondering if to continue placing in finds in this thread I have started?

Original intent remains to encourage forum members to roam and find bargains they didnā€™t know they wanted. Records that fly under the radar of ā€˜colectableā€™ in shops, record fairs, car boot sales and down the tip.

Iā€™m in no way rich, so my budget gets me a large selection of new old records. I offset a tiny amount into sales which might go towards fuel and time.

The eighty odd finds since the last will be edited into ā€˜interestingā€™ or ā€˜strongā€™.

Feedback welcome

3 Likes

No more than Ā£2 and the majority 50p

Edited find highlights.

Please do. Iā€™ve found many a cheap treasure in here.

2 Likes

Completely agree, loads of stuff Iā€™d never heard of that is now on the want list.

3 Likes

Thanks !

Thanks for viewing!