Hauls Found Today

Had to pick through a lot of dross, but £12 got me these 12s

Kim Mazelle - Was that all it was (Morales)
Goldie - Inner City Life
Botany 5 - Love bomb (Slam mix)
Prince - Raspberry Beret

And a nice US pressing of the William Devaughn - Be thankful for what you’ve got LP

2 Likes

£2 each. 5 hour long dig. Sky Ride, Cool & Jazzy Mix, Amazulu, Zemeo from Mike’s Murder, all ticking the box.

2 Likes

Picked these up on Friday

2 Likes
1 Like

Seems to be a pressing issue…

1 Like

You still in bootsale season down there Jolyon? I might pass on this winter boots round here what with fuel costs etc.

Your car boots must pass through a wormhole into a pre discogs era…

About to go into hibernation until April, yes. Probably got a couple more weeks, weather depending.

There is one not far from me that opens year round in a covered car park but it’s usually quite poor for records and books, so I rarely go.

The one I went to today has four or five serious record hounds so it’s just luck if you find stuff before they do. I am not into descending on cars asking if they have records and annoying people as they unpack their boots, and find sometimes if you leave them to fight it out then there are bits they’ve been too impatient to notice earlier.

Just picked up some of my wants at very cheap prices in shops. Winwood is unplayed by the looks of it, B side dub on this, also B side 3,000,000 synths. Taken many years for these to turn up for f-all. Oh, a Josephine (La Version Francaise) on the B of Road To Hell. Been pasted into thread before so won’t duplicate.

4 Likes

The Winwood is a great find! Never seen one “in the wild”.

2 Likes

Am I right in that the Balearic myth is Rampling 1st heard Josephine in a cab ( Smooth FM) & its not originally an Alfredo / Ibiza record

2 Likes

Leo Zero named his daughter after that track - true story…just been told that…no idea as I don’t know him personally

I’m keen to sell a few records from my collection. 18 of them to be exact. Picture discs, things I’ve got doubles of, couple of indie albums (Oasis, Cast), bits I don’t want which seem to go for decent money.

I don’t really want to put them on Discogs because it’s too much hassle.

If I sold them all to a dealer / shop what would a typical discount on the Discogs price be? The Discogs median comes to £780 for them.

Thank you!

(Happy to share list with anyone on here if interested).

Great haul! Penultimate Zone on that Winwood twelve is lovely and dubby!

2 Likes

Shops and dealers are the ones least likely to give you a decent price. 50 per cent of retail value if you’re lucky. EBay best for those sorts of things I think - the fee is around 13-15 per cent

2 Likes

Thank you. Will fire up the eBay listing. 50% is a bit too much to swallow.

Someone might correct me on some decent shops and dealers out there but I’d be surprised if any of them let you keep 85 per cent of the final sale value, and for these sort of collectibles I’ve always got pretty decent money on eBay. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Just curious, but why do you think discogs is too much of a hassle? I’ve got a personal mantra to never sell any records because I know I would regret it, but I’ve purchased a lot on discogs and never had any issues. Curious what the selling process looks like.

1 Like

I’m a total amateur (only ever sold a couple of bits) and found it really easy

It was more about selling them individually as opposed to as a lot. I need to update all my details on Discogs as well. I’ll probably end up doing that or eBay.

In prefer Discogs for simplicity: set your price, wait for the order. And i don’t have to write descriptions/take multiple pics of everything.
Ebay would be good for that sort of stuff too. 18 records all listed in separate auctions is alright. Ok you’ll have 2/3 hours boxing them up but it’ll be worth it for the grand or so you’ll probably get. A friend who deals full time on ebay sets them all off at £5.99 (be brave!), 7 days, ending on a Monday. Job jobbed

1 Like