Hauls Found Today

Highlight from the weekend was this white label 7" by Finnish parody duo Bat & Ryyd, who mainly did ridiculous high-pitched “takes” of Euro disco / dance tunes in the 80s. This particular instrumental works nicely though.

8 Likes

Really nice!

1 Like

Gave £20 & £4, the rest £1. Welcome to the Ozo wormhole
This weekend should be a mission, apprentice digger no.2 deployed.

3 Likes

£20 for the Anambra? Good price if so. Never actually seen one in all my years digging, and I only have it on 7” and LP (different version to the 12”).

1 Like

Yes £20. He had it stashed behind the counter for a prominent music authority figure (who apparently had been wafling on about condition or some other reason for not just buying it there and then).
Looks VG plus at worse.
The Stanley Edet is also very nice, no soundclips at first glance. This particular shop (second on the way home) clears out stock ruthlessly without any understanding of the market.

1 Like

The dream …

The first Debra Laws album is one of the most consistent soul albums of the 80s. Not a dud on it. Need to dig it out.

3 Likes

love that “Beyond” Herb Alpert track

1 Like

It came up on this forum before as slightly cosmic…

1 Like

OK haul of 12s today. All in great nick. £1 or £2 each:

Electronic - Getting away with it
Xpansions - Move your body
Blow Monkeys - EP with La Passionara
Flash and the pan - Walking in the rain
Happy Mondays - Lazyitis
Bow wow wow - Work (great sleeve!)
Njoi - Anthem

And a 7 of The Smiths - William/Please please please

6 Likes

Nice :ok_hand:

1 Like

https://www.discogs.com/release/2669389-Rita-Lee-Lança-Perfume

2 Likes

stuff i picked up for cheap yesterday…

2 Likes

can’t believe i didn’t own ‘body talk’ already, but i can never remember which imagination 12s i actually have

2 Likes

Regardless, that’s a cracking haul of some odd but good stuff, as well as just classic 12’s

To be fair I was robbed on these ones. They are strong though and will be on your lists. Two have gone straight to the understudy in the art of digging, DJ and producing nights.

1 Like

haha, ‘odd but good’ is definitely my aesthetic : ))

Hope they get a play out soon!

one of them has ‘burning up’ on the flip too.

I’ve never seen any Gainsbourg anywhere, once spent about 3 hours in a record shop in Dieppe. Nada.