Hauls Found Today

Broke that on Record Store Day!

I remember selling that Spooky record for pennies probably 20 years ago!

1 Like

This was observed and the collective will probably give you a pass on that…

1 Like

Nothing amazing today but a good mix, all 12s in perfect condition, all £1 each

Nice & smooth- Hip hop junkies
Flash & the pan - Waiting for a train
Soft Cell - Memorabilia
Dada nada - Deep love (knuckles/morales mix)
It’s immaterial- Ed’s funky diner/ driving away
Karl Denver - wimoweh 89 (Pickering/park on Factory, nice sleeve)
Pm dawn - the good Todd terry mix
Prince- Pop life
Gina x - no gdm

And a compilation called Time is Right from 1988 with Ned Doheny on that looks interesting

9 Likes

Some good ones for a quid there!

1 Like

Will be a cracking night when you pull off playing Memorabilia, found one in a decade.

Top haul.

I’m not optimistic for tommorow. Exposure to some rancid record fairs a dreadful ‘night’ has killed off my mojo. Sometimes I wonder why we dig?

1 Like

Mostly £2.50 record shop but with some discount. Most pleasing record at the top with the rest in set order, some sort of day story, or no order at all. Double up Gary’s Gang if at all posiible…skills.
Tia-Monae sampled by Circulation, one for the spotters. B Side Blancmange. Try wondering fields searching for Joe Jackson, I’d say 3-4 years on that.

4 Likes

love that tia monae track! can never remember which voyage records are the good ones - how’s that one?

I have friends who run a RLA soundsystem in Liverpool. Barney tells me they all went mental for Souvenirs , mad for it like nothing else played that evening. It’s always been an amazing tune.

Hope that helps

1 Like

oops, looks like i’ve already got the album somewhere in the stacks - guess i should get round to listening to it sometime! thanks for the tip though

Souvenirs is immense

1 Like

Great haul today. Didn’t seem to be the usual sharp elbowed vinyl vultures around for once. The Curtis, Land of the Brave, and Chappell AV are all doubles and going up for sale.

https://www.discogs.com/release/2081085-Le-Mystère-Des-Voix-Bulgares-3

https://www.discogs.com/release/20203849-Michel-Rubini-Denny-Jaeger-Les-Prédateurs-Bande-Originale-Du-Film-

https://www.discogs.com/release/4440683-Touré-Kunda-Emma

And some quite unexciting reggae 12”s

1 Like

As we speak. Nobody leaves the house anymore but ‘testing’ in garden under the excuse that I’m on a 50/50 chance of being allowed to produce an event next week

1 Like

You found ** Touré Kunda** on a 12 the next week after the album?
Well done!

1 Like

Same guy selling them both

1 Like

Another small but cheap haul this morning. For those wondering why I’m posting this so early, I only ever hit up the same car boot sale, which is conveniently a 5 minute walk from my house - down there by 7, home by 9 usually!

Find of the morning, not gonna pass up a Mr Fingers 12 for £1 -

£2 each the following 4:

The best Beach Boys LP (check out All I Wanna Do for some proto-dream pop/shoegaze bliss) and some classic Balearica on the JJ Cale LP (Cherry).

Usually wouldn’t go near reggae comps on the basis there’s always loads of tracks on every side and most of them aren’t great, but I find the Trojan/Tighten Up comps are great records to stick on with people round in the summer, and the Massive 4 comp has Karen Smith’s great cover of Sade’s Paradise which I don’t have a copy of.

4 Likes

Free, which is nice. Both great.

6 Likes

On my own is a great track!

Went to my first car boot for many a year in Bude - lots of sellers so was pleasantly surprised

Found a copy of this and was surprised to it was in excellent condition- close to near mint

Looked it up when I got home and saw it was the uk pressing which seems to be highly sort after and goes for the big bucks- not bad for £9!

4 Likes

Sunflower is indeed a fantastic album. Cool Cool Water is probably my favourite this week.

1 Like