Hauls Found Today

Stuff found in folks house looking for a good home

4 Likes

2 Likes

A Nigel Farageesque t shirt or one with a pic of him on it?

1 Like

It’s got some sort of weird slogan about indigenous people on it, can’t remember precisely but it’s unpleasant.

Post RSD hauls over 3 days. I bought a couple of classic US imports from VU and will highlight that these can be requested via Vinyl Underground, as and when they can be sourced, happy days.
This is me on the periphery of the Northants music scene, if there is anybody I’ve met who I haven’t offended, I will pencil you in for next one.

Met my Rain Girl for a somewhat random discussion of music and life, this happens a lot. Sold £25 of solid disco 12’s & two 7"

Was all prepared for the Northampton sunset with a set starter of Linda De Franco from Aidy West. Chilly weather was a downer but well done if those with a beer coat danced away later.

Well done all.

Feeling a bit poorly from all the dirt, filth and record dust, plus a hazzardous cash machine in the back end of Northants.

£2 to 50p shown first then I had to buy the Flock Of Seagulls from the Andy Skank as these never turn up in the wild, very good prices for his records though.
Has anybody heard the extended mix of the Roman Grey? Not online, it’s a belter to my ears, second opinion welcome.

6 Likes

Traded some so-so records I had (and a little money) for some nice ones .

Pretty happy…

5 Likes

Not a chazza find, but was very happy to find a white vinyl 12" of this for a fiver at Stoke Newington Flea Market on Sunday afternoon. Couple of nice stalls, and a good hour or so sheltering from the rain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xVp1mauGnU

4 Likes

No Hauls this weekend? You have all been sensible?

Only a small haul this weekend but some cheap finds nonetheless…

New record dealer at the usual car boot I go to, had crates of LPs all at £3 each or 2 for a fiver, picked up these 4 -

Already had the VU and Stevie but nice to have spares at those prices, and the VU is cleaner than my old copy. Intriguingly the Marvin Gaye is a Brazilian pressing and looks unplayed!

Also grabbed this from another seller:

The b-side is a really nice dubby electro almost afrobeat sounding thing, lots of you would like!

4 Likes

Well done, hopefully we aren’t the only ones digging about as it’s a fairly inexpensive hobby to highlight.

Been on that UB40 since a mentor put me onto it way back. It goes down a storm, let us know!

The DJ is playing the Koxo sound and it makes me feel alright.

Shops and boots in MK, Cambridge, Bedford, Wellingborough, Kettering, Northampton and Luton. Didn’t find a single record in Cambridge, quite burnt out from days of this, these are mostly records for me. All records were cheap and I was offered discount in one shop.
China Crisis B sides and body of work, worth a listen. £1 on Spooky, so pleased.

4 Likes

I’ve had a few finds this weekend … mostly stuff I’m selling on but will take a pic of the keepers later

The Biz record is a decent UK boogie tune. Notable for being the band that Yazz started off in…

biz

3 Likes

Did not know about Yazz.

The other release by them was left in the record shop in Wellingborough. Worth a dig for those with time.

1 Like

Yeah their other one’s a little bit cheesey iirc

It was ridiculously low on disco 12’s in there, I had to buy a couple out of politeness but yep the first one wasn’t sounding that good to me.

Reissue of Nude Photo caught my attention but got this one, may have been some good house tunes in but nothing jumped out at me. I feel slightly sorry for these shops as I could be a better buyer myself, they certainly have no knowledge or ear beyond what discogs tells them.

And a few more I’m selling.

3 Likes

Amazing finds, as ever. You should be ok with your no new records for this year plan.

What’s your Discogs name?.

jolyon but I sell more on eBay (jolyongreen)

1 Like