Hauls Found Today

So cruel

Nothing youā€™d find on here ā€“ CSS electroclash outfit from Brazil. Only one other copy for sale in the UK though I remember them being really big at the time

2 Likes

I was told the stretch mix was desired by my friend. One to investigate

Got another ā€˜Get Toughā€™ today. Smith and Mighty due a rise from bargain bin status soon maybe?

1 Like

No way! Iā€™ve got loads of that stuff! Will investigate

1 Like

On my knees with a pile of 100 records and a battery turntable, in a record shop. Approx Ā£2.50 each, yes, expensive. Find the club mix for cornflakes sound clip. Say a prayer for two, Loft tune, the rest are good and even undervalued on discogs to be fair. This is the Eddy Grant ā€˜Timewarpā€™ you need, not so easy to dig out in the wild now. Iā€™m not sure if anybody else is playing dancehall versions, thanks Captain Barkey for the beats and bass.

3 Likes

They were huge in 2006. Used to get asked for them all the time.

2 Likes

Such a jam

2 Likes

Just a couple to chuck in as I had to visit another shop.
Well, Colourbox would be an easy set to collect if you were that way inclined. Ā£3 & Ā£1 respectively, these records wontā€™t buy themselves will they?

1 Like

I have Space Queen on my Ventures label radar. Not sure if there anything else going on with the seagulls?

Iā€™ll play, Dug out about fifty records this weekend.
Fifty pence, needs a sleeve.

3 Likes

Yesterday and today. Saturday shops with needle drops on portable player plus a trip to VU. Probably cover is blown at this point.

Sunday bootsale with some very creepy and hostile ponytails on the prowl and a 6:30am hitchiker request after Iā€™ve drawn out a wad of cash in my stabsville location, which I donā€™t live but exist inā€¦I declined the offer to help, charitable as Iā€™m normally areā€¦

Kajagoogoo sounds Balearic to my ears. Ending on Frank Farian crisply produced funky disco B side.

1 Like

Good find! Try the A side at 33rpm plus 8 for maximum sleaze!

Theo Parrish dropped that Kajagoogoo 12ā€ at a gig in Brixton many many years ago ā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s the best I could do this weekend although it did produce many obscure Lovers Rock etc. I think you win againā€¦had me going through boxes of soaking wet 7ā€™s looking for Keep Forgettinā€™

Some goodies this weekend traipsing around 4 car boot sales in 3 days.

3 Likes

Quick stop at local cheapy record store produced some nice finds, all for 22 quid.

Brian Eno produced afrobeat LP, couple of killer tracks on this:

Bargain bin late night Lovers Rock:

Nice seemingly unknown reggae 12:

Really enjoyable Arabic folk LP:

Percussion samples galore:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve got that afrobeat lp- itā€™s great!

1 Like

Surprised it can be picked up so cheap given how good it is, although it does appear to have had quite a big release, presumably due to the Eno connection. ā€œNka Bomā€ and ā€œGbentaā€ are the choice cuts for me!

1 Like

I always wondered if this was where Eno picked up the licks and understanding that he took rhythmically into the talking heads sphereā€¦

3 Likes

This morning saw my best car boot haul of the year so far, got the following for Ā£8 - the singles were all a quid each and the LPs were 2.

8 Likes