Hauls Found Today

A bit of a mixed bag, but some fun stuff, and i paid fuck all.

5 Likes

Yep, practically everything Melba put out around that time is gold, a lot of it produced by Kashif I believe.

2 Likes

Not a “haul gained” but a “haul lost and then found.”
Had a bit of a prune of my shelves last week, and managed to sell a few to Tome in Hackney. What he didn’t want, I took to a local charity shop. Within a few days, had pangs of regret about letting Pat Metheny-Off Ramp go, and went back to the local chazza and re-acquired it.
Is around 4 days from donating to re-purchasing (the same copy) some sort of record?

2 Likes

As the deck had been in loft I had a big clear out of stuff to Oxfam that I couldn’t sell wasnt ‘special’

I wonder if a single person bought the Moody Boys remix as well as the Rainbow / ACDC singles!
I had Salsoul 2 on CD & a better pressing double of Relight My Fire
Not sure why I didnt keep the NYC Peach Boys, it was ÂŁ3.50 2nd hand from Selectadisc

I really wanted that NYC Peech Boys, so thanks for that x

1 Like

Im still shocked it wasn’t in the keep section, Im a massive Haring fan as well

1 Like

Amazing records there at any price, that was fun going through the unknowns (which was the majority)

1 Like

On the way home from work. Can’t afford but can’t afford not to?
It’s all about find stuff you didn’t know. One pound each but had to stop the vendor from discounting for cash. If it’s any help Debbie Jacobs is of limited value for ‘Don’t You Want My Love’ as the Emperor Rosko is all talking over it.

1 Like

The Caron Wheeler is soo good if it has the original demo version. I heard that via Lexx one day. Absolutely killer.

2 Likes

Probably the other 12 for those mixes. Plenty of both to be found on the cheap.

It’s by the guy from the jungle brothers…

I thought the ultra obscure Lyne-Tu would spark interest or The Destiny Ortchestra’s Spring rain, this becomes a £50 tune on import version.
Some more today. Demis Roussous for I dig you, expensive at ÂŁ5

3 Likes

I’ve never heard of it before. I wonder why it’s so expensive? It sounds like a pretty average 1990 house track to me. Perhaps was popular somewhere or with a certain DJ when it came out?

The Lyne-Tu side is being held back from being from uploaded by India Street Radio on Instagram who own that you tube. If it was me, none of this stuff would be uploaded but it’s very generous for people to do this. The A is rocking a excellent synth line or two and has plenty of awkward sections and samples.

Sounds like something the cool kids would have made on the school Yamaha synths and drums.

1 Like

A nice mixed bag from the car boot this morning, 12”s all a quid each and 7”s were 50p.

https://www.discogs.com/release/374894-The-Style-Council-A-Paris

1 Like

Currently enjoying Invasion, ideal Sunday music. What I don’t have is added to my wants.
Top Haul !

Bangin’ Bootsale Bargains.
Comment from the ‘ponytails’ who had been there an hour earlier and were stood by me watching my dig. ‘looks like we got all the good stuff’
I will have a listen to the Dixie Hummingbirds, no idea on this. Below is a couple of days of digging about.

Lazer Dance is from a Rags in Hitchin

3 Likes

That Janet Kay LP is a great find!

There’s only about 4 or 5 other collectors that go to the boot sale I go to every week, but they’re all seemingly on the look out for Northern Soul which is practically non existent around these parts (rural Norfolk!), or classic rock LPs which I have no interest in, meaning I get the pick of everything else.

2 Likes

Exactly the same where ever I go, shop or bootsale.
It’s very necessary to fly under the radar.

1 Like

Time for a midweek recap of some fresh finds and some gems at the ÂŁ1 and below pricepoint.

Howler tip on ‘Someday We Will Bring Our Love home’ from Tommy Bolin. Balearic Yacht Rock, but it’s a belter. The producers bring of ‘The System’ bring you Jeff Lorber, would slot into a building Miami Vice set nicely, sounds great. Massive vocal screamer from Alicia Myers on both sides, been flicked past in this shop for the best part of year, strangely worth twice as much on 7. Deodato US 7, the album isn’t showing up as yet for an extended Super Strut.
Teddy album finally comes up, on a Jamaican pressing of all things, great press. This should be doubled up in a Ron Hardy style…
You can’t hide from yourself, everywhere you go, there you are.

2 Likes