Hauls Found Today

I struggle to find anything ( unlike Rob)

His Xmas video has great shots of the shop for those that are unfamiliar

3 Likes

I’ll be disappointed if there wasn’t a copy of No Parlez in there

2 Likes

I’d probably walk right out. The stress would be unbearable.

We could have a sweepstake on how many copies of NP

A bit like guessing how many 1p coins in the large whiskey bottle comps you get

1 Like

i love references to NP because - well, it wasn’t quite the massive seller here in the states. you can find them, but they aren’t four in every bin like there seems to be in the UK.

i’m not totally sure what the US version of NP is. maybe jackson browne’s “running on empty”. there was a time when it was fleetwood mac’s “rumours” but those have been moved from the dollar bin to the wall displays.

I remember going in to Notting Hill music and video exchange rock and pop shop once and they’d put a copy of No Parlez at the front of every rack in the whole shop. Still ubiquitous here and I see it almost every week at a car boot sale.

1 Like

OH i know what it is/was - phil collins “face value”.

the record store i worked for had so many copies of it, they held an art show called “deface value” where we gave them to local artists to mess with the cover. it makes for a pretty good template, actually.

3 Likes

Ist the standard for the Twitter Charityshop Record threads

2 Likes

That used to be the big one here too although I see it a lot less these days. It used to be nailed on that there would be a copy every other charity shop.

1 Like

Every record by Barbara Streisand. She must have sold millions.

2 Likes

Recent research found the average UK charity shop has 4.6 copies of the Sound of Music soundtrack on display.

4 Likes

And Cliff Richard and Shirley Bassey.

& you never see Too Ry Ay!

1 Like

This one in particular, fairly certain I’ve seen a copy at every car boot I’ve ever been to, and in fairness the title track is a lovely little number:

4 Likes

You do have to be ready for it. Its an amazing place. Rob knows where everything is, fuck knows how.

This BAD came up on TP a few days ago, what a great dub on the B side. The Cure makes us all cry in a good way.
Faith is stocked in Hitchin, nice…

2 Likes

That is indeed a great dub on the b-side. Nice.

1 Like

Dub of Hollywood Boulevard was apparently massive in Ibiza & London
Ross Allen did a best of 86 on NTS & included it mentioning big with Pete Tong

Sam Sever who was on MoWax 10y later mixed it

1 Like

Do you just walk in and rattle off some names and he points you in the general direction?

You can do. There is a system of sorts, I just have a dig around.