Favorite sunset selections

Sorry in advance for starting another mix thread but… in about two weeks I’ll be boarding an airplane for the first time in two years and heading to a friend’s house in Malibu (the last place I was before I went nowhere for two years). Each night as the sun goes down like to put on something special timed to the spectacular Pacific Ocean sunset. I’ve already set one night aside for a Jose Padilla set from 91 but that leaves three nights to soundtrack and I really can’t think of a better place to find some sunset gold than on TP. Hit me with your best shot :v:t3:

4 Likes

Mison recorded a brilliant one for us recently > Phil Mison — Test Pressing

And he also did a good one for something that Danny Mclewin gets mixes for… Can’t remember what it’s called but that one sounded superb too. Someone might be able to help.

Basically Mison for me is the one that can do what Jose did for now and is still sitting on so much good music. I might be biased but he’s the best.

7 Likes

The mix you posted has been my go-to every time we are out in the country. I’ve also shared it with dozens of people. It’s a shining example of the genre.

3 Likes

Here’s that other recent Mison mix that @Apiento mentioned.

It’s a corker.

4 Likes

So jealous right now.

1 Like

This got us through the ‘Summer’ here.

4 Likes

I can confirm that this sounds magic even on a cold dreary Monday morning in New England.

2 Likes

Enjoyed this recently…fantastic selection

Another fave in Danny’s ‘Idle Cellars’ series. This one from Cherry Stones

Also, how come my links are vertical and everyone else’s are horizontal?

3 Likes

Malibu eh?
I’m deffo not jealous :roll_eyes:

1 Like

A great one from Mark Barrott a few years back

3 Likes

Phone post maybe? Mine’s from my desktop…

1 Like

Total and shameless self promotion but i think this mix turned out really good, so much that i actually play it myself whenever i hang around at all my friends houses in Malibu, Venice and Topanga.

2 Likes

if you’re working from desktop…

click the embed button in soundcloud, right-click on the “classic” tile, copy link address, paste

edit: note to self - don’t mansplain the internet

4 Likes

I always copy and paste address from browser header on desktop and get horizontal linkeage. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

edited my post… should know better! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheers. I think, as Gavin said, it’s probably because I’m posting from my phone.

2 Likes

When we were in Thailand in our 20s we walked at dusk to the far side of the island where there was a reputedly incredible sunset view and a beach bar set up. As the blazing fire-red orb descended in slow motion into a perfectly still sea off this island paradise, the bar-owner let loose with an incredibly loud ‘Who wants to live forever’ by Queen.

So yeah, not that.

7 Likes

A bit different but works perfectly
When I Was Young I Listened to the Radio by Karl Spackler on #SoundCloud

2 Likes