Fact For The Day

Empathy surely?

4 Likes

See this is what I was thinking. I used to have Saunders book, but thought it was maybe Shulgin that said that.

That’s some story I’ve read it over a few times 🫨

1 Like

Kinda put the hairs on the back of neck up to be honest. The relationship between religion and its origins and psychedelics can’t be coincidence or ignored…as I see it.

That comes with a caveat of it being my personal thoughts and in no way would I ever seek to assume my personal opinions are more valid than anyone’s own faith.

1 Like

Some kind of psychedelic was almost certainly used in the Eleusinian Mysteries of Ancient Greece. It was a pretty niche theory back in the ‘90’s, but is now pretty mainstream.

2 Likes

Julian Cope sums it all up quite succinctly

5 Likes

4 Likes

AH doubled down. What a way to go!

5 Likes

Didn’t have my glasses on and thought that was a Subbuteo player.
While i’m here…It’s called Subbuteo because the chap who invented the game wasn’t allowed to copyright the word Hobby. So he used the bird’s Latin name, Subbuteo.

3 Likes

A good book on the origins of religion and drug use.

2 Likes

a fact not wildly interesting to a whole lot of you, but if you grew up in the pacific NW of the USA, may 18th 1980 is an interesting day because it’s the day that mt. st. helens erupted, AND it’s the day that ian curtis killed himself.

i was no more than six years old when the mountain blew, but it was local and the effects were unignorable. it was like an eclipse, the day started out nice enough but soon it turned unexpectedly dark. i had a slight view from my childhood bedroom, so my family kneeled on my bed, watching the plume climb into the sky. the next couple of days were as weird as could be, ash that dusted everything, choking car’s air filters and collecting in the storm drains.

being that young i had no idea that joy division was to cease existing. in portland, it didn’t make the local news. still, it’s a weird day to me for two reasons.

6 Likes

As a volcano obsessive, I do know this date.

2 Likes

That the discovery, and first use of, sleep deprivation as a torture method, was by the Church of Scotland during the interrogation of suspected witches.

2 Likes

4 Likes

my mum posted this on Facebook yesterday, which makes me think it’s very unlikely indeed

5 Likes

:rofl:
It’s true. I fact checked it first :smiley:

4 Likes

A pint of wine for lunch! I would’ve never bunked off school

5 Likes

How the Brooklyn Dodgers became the Dodgers (book is about the 1897 Belgian expedition to Antarctica :upside_down_face:)

3 Likes

1 Like

Grant Shapps and Mick Jones are cousins. UK government to invest in Spanish Bombs.

6 Likes