Doing anything nice for Record Store Day?

Not Mr Benn??

1 Like

I loved Mr Benn. It was a formative part of my childhood. I still use the example of the two submarines circling each other thinking each was a sea monster when trying to explain some thorny problem at 4am. So yes, it’s a buy on sight. But only if it’s multi coloured vinyl obvs!

1 Like

It is a picture disc (so bound to sound terrible)

1 Like

I’ve got a 1984 glow in the dark copy of Ghostbusters if that’ll allow you a lie-in tomorrow?

1 Like

I’ve got that one too. Had it stuck on my bedroom wall with a drawing pin through the centre hole for a few years. I daren’t play it now, but it still glows.

1 Like

Looks like I’ll be changing my mind as some of the MK collective are going north, so there will be a rendezvous.

Schedule includes going to two (Lamplighter & Black Prince) record fairs, getting into Vinyl Underground if I can, digging the surrounding area and bringing a large box full of Disco/Funk 12’s with words like “Bomb!” written on them on post it notes. These will be dished out in secret down an alley for cash.

I have literally and metaphorically eaten my words.

3 Likes

Dedication right there.

1 Like

I was in town earlier and saw him sat outside reading a book.

2 Likes

The legend of RSD Dan grows…

1 Like

We have the kittster in store tomorrow at 5 so hopefully some of this :green_heart:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CjJd1NeDCPb/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

1 Like

Totally agree. I’m hard pressed to see anything on the list I must have and it’s worse every year. Just a cynical cash grab.

Taylor Swift picture disc anyone? £40 ta :grimacing:

1 Like

It was a good day here, the shop is only open one year so was busy and surprise guest sang a few songs and had a little rant why he usually doesn’t do this RAD thing. lol

2 Likes

Had a wander round Soho. Didn’t end up buying any multi coloured Taylor Swift vinyls but I got a nice shirt in YMC so it was a pleasant afternoon.

3 Likes

Anyone get a copy of this??

1 Like

For a ducking wedge years ago. Bloody reissues. Etc etc etc etc etc.

1 Like

This talk of Taylor Swift and vinyl releases has reminded me of the story from a few years ago.

A classic.

1 Like

No Mr Benn but I did remember to get this which sounds absolutely immense.

3 Likes

Poorly placed sticker, spoils what looks like a great cover

1 Like

It’s only on the shrink and peels off thankfully

1 Like

Met a young and ecentric young woman DJ who wanted to hang out with me (very odd). I sold her strong disco drugs in the form of records under the dim light of the multistorey car park. She had spotted Original Clique – North Of Watford E.P. (1990, Vinyl) - Discogs reserved on the table behind Andy Skank from 2 meters away, very cool…it’s gone to Aidy now.

With any luck she might be able to represent the second, or is that third generation of DJ at the next Black Prince Record Fair & Balearic garden event…warmer weather incoming.

7 Likes